Bachmann 32-150 2-6-0 OO Gauge Special Edition Irish CIE N Class K1 Loco No383

Rate this topic

burnthebox

Do you know what irritates me - the manufacturer calling those things "N" class! They didn't run on BR..... though to be fair, they were to all intents and purposes the same as their English cousins.....

The "snails" aren't right on them..... One was painted black in the fifties for a very short while with red lining. The rest were either all-grey or 800-style lined green. All were all-grey prior to 1949.

Incidentally, the solitary black one had an "eau-de-nil" cabside numeral, like green-painted CIE locos. That was a one-off; other grey CIE locos including the few black ones had pale yellow numerals, though lined eau-d-n snails.

The "snails" aren't right on them..... One was painted black in the fifties for a very short while with red lining. The rest were either all-grey or 800-style lined green. All were all-grey prior to 1949.

Incidentally, the solitary black one had an "eau-de-nil" cabside numeral, like green-painted CIE locos. That was a one-off; other grey CIE locos including the few black ones had pale yellow numerals, though lined eau-d-n snails.

You're not suggesting that MM got the colors wrong again, are you?……….

Arrggh....! :-) Dive, I would never do that for effect... If not strictly correct, they're not.... and I would have to very humbly ask MM not to shoot the messenger.... that said, I'm a huge supporter of anyone who puts their money where their mouth is in order to supply our (very commercially small) community with quality models. And there's no doubt MM do that. So hats off to them for starters.

If a manufacturer produces a model which is the wrong colour, or has incorrect markings, as long as it looks right will be fine for many modellers. For those whose primary concern is accuracy, they can repaint them. It would be much worse if a manufacturer produced a Craven which was a scale ten feet too short, a 121 with two cabs, or a model NCC "Jeep" which was a 4.6.4T!