077 Arrives

Rate this topic

Sulzer201

Hi Lads, I picked up Big GM 077 today and very happy with her. The wife and kids had bought me some track, buildings etc at Christmas and Gareth at Trains, planes....Wicklow kindly allowed me to exchange them towards 077 and I finally got her paid for today. Another bit of progress for a small layout and a lovely looking machine.

007.JPG

002.JPG

004.JPG

006.JPG

• Like 1

Hi Lads, I picked up Big GM 077 today and very happy with her. The wife and kids had bought me some track, buildings etc at Christmas and Gareth at Trains, planes....Wicklow kindly allowed me to exchange them towards 077 and I finally got her paid for today. Another bit of progress for a small layout and a lovely looking machine.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]17474[/ATTACH]

She's a lovely model, Sulzer! Also on my list (eventually). Glad you're happy with her. Sensible swap by model shop…...keep the customers happy.

They don't have a website though…. they did, by all accounts on the web, but it's gone for at least a year

Edited by DiveController

Trains, Planes and Toys in Wicklow town are brilliant to deal with. Friendly service and open to swappage or trade in offers. Normally have items in stock that are sold out in most other dealers. For whatever reason, they are not listed on the MM website, but they do carry the full range of MM products. As far as I know they offer a mail order service.

Trains, Planes and Toys in Wicklow town are brilliant to deal with. Friendly service and open to swappage or trade in offers. Normally have items in stock that are sold out in most other dealers. For whatever reason, they are not listed on the MM website, but they do carry the full range of MM products. As far as I know they offer a mail order service.

Interesting, I may call them……

If you are a regular customer, they sometimes give discounts off purchases. Always a pleasure to deal with. The shop carries a good selection of model railway stuff, and they will order in specific items for you if they deal with that supplier. Personally, I can't rate them highly enough. The shop would be on a par with Marks Models in terms of selection of items on offer. Well worth a visit if you are down that way, or call them if you are after a particular item. I have no connection with the shop apart from being a very satisfied customer.

Edited by iarnrod

If you are a regular customer, they sometimes give discounts off purchases. Always a pleasure to deal with. The shop carries a good selection of model railway stuff, and they will order in specific items for you if they deal with that supplier. Personally, I can't rate them highly enough. The shop would be on a par with Marks Models in terms of selection of items on offer. Well worth a visit if you are down that way, or call them if you are after a particular item. I have no connection with the shop apart from being a very satisfied customer.

Agree iarnrod I have no direct connection with the shop except that its local to me and is another great example of a Irish based model shop which gives the personal touch and offers a high standard of service which goes well beyond what one would normally expect. I will now have to save hard for the next purchase but it is important to give support to our own suppliers.

They used to have a website, but they were having a lot of technical issues with it, so it was taken down. I know they were in the process of putting a new one together. The shop, which is family run, is now in business about 3 years, and seems to do a good amount of trade. Another nice touch is that the owners will stick on the kettle, and make a cuppa and have a natter with regular customers.