RTR wagons

Rate this topic

richrua

Just reading the other thread about the rumours of a repainted class 08 from Silverfox. Lead me to wonder why silver fox or Murphy have not produced a freight model , irish outline of course.

I know there are a few cottage industry lads here producing kits, but is there any reason why Silverfox wouldn't do a resin cement bubble or a beet wagon.

As David has said, there are already 2 main manufactures producing wagons both RTR and kits, Irish freight models and Provincial Wagons, and with the market for wagons realativly low, 2 manufactures who are producing the main wagons seems to be enough, so other manufactures doing repeats of the same wagon would be quite pointless but anyone who wants to produce different wagons would be greatly welcomed I'm sure by all.

As David has said, there are already 2 main manufactures producing wagons both RTR and kits, Irish freight models and Provincial Wagons, and with the market for wagons relatively low, 2 manufactures who are producing the main wagons seems to be enough, so other manufactures doing repeats of the same wagon would be quite pointless but anyone who wants to produce different wagons would be greatly welcomed I'm sure by all.

There is definitely a market for several of these wagons. bubbles, various cements wagons, thing no longer available since MIR kits gone etc

There is definitely a market for several of these wagons. bubbles, various cements wagons, thing no longer available since MIR kits gone etc

Uhm, since MIR disappeared a lot of the freight has been fulfilled.

D&M provide cement bubbles, curtain side cement and double beet wagon kits.

IFM provide a plethora of four wheeled stock too numerous to mention.

Provincial Wagons are doing the bullied open, and are working on the double Beet.

John Mayne is looking at 20/22 ft flat wagons

C-rail provide all the containers

Studio Scale Models provide brake vans and ballast ploughs, not to mention ammonias and 42' flats.

And, I know for certain that both the ballast wagon and H van are in the works, somewhere....

Uhm, since MIR disappeared a lot of the freight has been fulfilled.

D&M provide cement bubbles, curtain side cement and double beet wagon kits.

IFM provide a plethora of four wheeled stock too numerous to mention.

Provincial Wagons are doing the bullied open, and are working on the double Beet.

John Mayne is looking at 20/22 ft flat wagons

C-rail provide all the containers

Studio Scale Models provide brake vans and ballast ploughs, not to mention ammonias and 42' flats.

And, I know for certain that both the ballast wagon and H van are in the works, somewhere....

Good to know. One of the vendors you mention already emailed me to update me on the products that are available