Blast from the past; 141s and 181s galore....

Rate this topic

jhb171achill

I lifted this from an old post on IRN:

It just shows how much has changed in a very short time.......

31/08/2007:

146 - on pilot duties at Inchicore Works (in training for modern-day pilot duties at Downpatrick!)

160 - on pilot duties at Dublin Connolly

163 - on pilot duties at Dublin Heuston

170 - on pilot duties at Dublin Heuston

189 - on pilot duties at Inchicore Works

192 - on pilot duties at Inchicore Works

141+187 worked empty timber from Waterford to North Wall (bound for Sligo)

And a few more were out on ballast duties on the WRC!

Shame IRN is no more. There was a ton of info I wanted to lift from old posts there such as day to day operations and what locos were where. There was even a full running numbers list of all current freight stock, even the stuff that is stored out of use.

If you mean the online one, as opposed to long defunct paper magazine, it's still very much up and running, I'm glad to say, though with so little happening on a railway with little freight, few locomotives and railcars from Portrush to Midleton, few people ever post anything there.

In fact, it's from there that I lifted the above post this morning. Just google (all one word) irishrailwaynews.

If you mean the online one, as opposed to long defunct paper magazine, it's still very much up and running, I'm glad to say, though with so little happening on a railway with little freight, few locomotives and railcars from Portrush to Midleton, few people ever post anything there.

In fact, it's from there that I lifted the above post this morning. Just google (all one word) irishrailwaynews.

http://irnirishrailwaynews.yuku.com

Thanks for the link. I could not get on the site for a few months now with a bookmark I have. I thought it was gone because they was talk around January of taking the site offline because of the low traffic numbers. When I type in irishrailwaynews.com I get a page saying the name is recently listed in the domain market place so I assumed it was gone.

There used to be far more photos on that stie but one of the photohosting sites went bang a good few years ago and a few members with thousands of great photos said they won't bother to upload them again which is a massive shame. So much raailway history lost from so my fans.

Edited by Railer

That's it fotopic, they was some cracking collections on there. Such a loss. There was a great collection I really enjoyed that was taken all around Fairview, Connolly, Pearse and the Boston sideings and Bray in the pre DART days. The DART depot at Fairview being an old shed for the C201s and 6100 pushpull sets was an amazing find for me.