Wanted: MM5236 Coach

Rate this topic

Ray1964

Hard coach to pick up Ray

It was the only Standard released with the first issue of Mk 2d's and it sold out fast as people bought several at the same time

Your only hope I think is that someone might swap it for the other orange roofed Standard, 5229

I have a 5229 here if anyone is willing to swap

I got 5236 from your good self Dave almost 2 years ago and it was hard to get then too, pity it was shop weathered but still just happy to get my hands on it. Right now 5229 is also heading that way from the looks of things and I don't have one of those yet. Wouldn't mind a clean 5236 like Ray is looking for either.

Hard coach to pick up Ray

It was the only Standard released with the first issue of Mk 2d's and it sold out fast as people bought several at the same time

Your only hope I think is that someone might swap it for the other orange roofed Standard, 5229

I have a 5229 here if anyone is willing to swap

I think 5236 and 5229 were the only orange roofed coaches. Is there another run intended or what? I didn't understand why there were not enough individual numbers to make a decent rake?

I think 5236 and 5229 were the only orange roofed coaches. Is there another run intended or what? I didn't understand why there were not enough individual numbers to make a decent rake?

It is odd that there are only 2 numbers of standards, same with the black roof 5210 and 5217. But you can always buy more and renumber if you want but leads to shortages as we can see.

Then you have the supertrain Mk2s that got 2 EGV running numbers. But still you have the IR Mk2s to come, if they will ever see the light of days is another thing.

It is odd that there are only 2 numbers of standards, same with the black roof 5210 and 5217. But you can always buy more and renumber if you want but leads to shortages as we can see.

Then you have the supertrain Mk2s that got 2 EGV running numbers. But still you have the IR Mk2s to come, if they will ever see the light of days is another thing.

So if the Supertrain EGVs seemed to match perfectly with white 'tippex' lines added, doensn't that mean there is a whole rake of individually numbered non-black roofed coaches out there that could be used for the same purpose?

So if the Supertrain EGVs seemed to match perfectly with white 'tippex' lines added, doensn't that mean there is a whole rake of individually numbered non-black roofed coaches out there that could be used for the same purpose?

Yeah true there is 3 super train standards out there that you can get resprayed but why have more ST standard Mk2s than any other released so far. The ST range is spoiled for choice more than any other, and everything is covered. It's ironic with issues that I won't go into here about the ST Mk2s. Only got my first ST Mk2 yesterday and I'm still not sure how it compares between the IE Mk2s and the ST 141s I have shade wise.

Edited by Railer