Different Murphy 141/181s

Rate this question

richrua

Question

5 answers to this question

Just a question. Been reading back through the literature about the Murphy 141s and 181s. How many different versions did Murphy release?

I do love those Baby GM s and they seem to fit well with my layout size.

Traditionally there have been four in each of the following liveries

CIE black & tan, Supertrain black and orange, Irish rail(set of points), IE orange (Plug/socket logo)

Except for CIE black & tan the others have three pristine and one weathered. Number 171 is also IE orange but was commissioned by Marks models, I think. In addition to the original CIE black locomotives there is also a preserved CIE black & tan version of 141 which would run with the modern IE locos. That should come to 18 in total

Edited by DiveController
Clarification

.........addition to the original CIE black locomotives there is also a preserved CIE black version of 141 which would run with the modern.......

Puzzled.... CIE black was only on A, B101, C, D, E & G; never on 121, 141 or 181.......?

Or have I missed something?

.........addition to the original CIE black locomotives there is also a preserved CIE black version of 141 which would run with the modern.......

Puzzled.... CIE black was only on A, B101, C, D, E & G; never on 121, 141 or 181.......?

I think he's referring to black & tan...

No, that would be an unusual circumstance. More correctly B'n'T as Pat says, not all over black. Sorry, was out and about on a mobile device . Will edit original for clarity.