Class 071 Kit-Again

Rate this topic

BabyGM

Hi Guys

Some of you might remember I was looking for an 071 kit a while ago and decided to go along the route of scratch building but now I'm looking for a kit again

I know most of you will say wait for the MM 071 but I don't have the money for lots of them:(

Any help or information would be appreciated

Thanks

Brian

Hi Guys

Some of you might remember I was looking for an 071 kit a while ago and decided to go along the route of scratch building but now I'm looking for a kit again

I know most of you will say wait for the MM 071 but I don't have the money for lots of them:(

Any help or information would be appreciated

Thanks

Brian

Brian is cash the biggest stumbling block for you in regards to having an 071, or is the challenge of building a kit more important to you. If it is the later then you are probably looking at anything between €90 and €100 for the complete unmaid kit and a suitable donor chassis, and there is also the question of what era you want to model as that will dictate the type of kit you want IE,IR, CIE. If it is the former, then Seamus Graham is offering a savings club for the 071's and it may be a good idea to contact Seamus and work something out.

My fellow Mod and entrepreneur Dave (WrennEire) Bracken may be able to assist you in locating a kit, so why not drop him a pm.

HTH,

Rich,

Rich,

For me cash is the biggest problem but also I would prefer to have the satisfaction of having something I made (helped really) as opposed to buying something in a shop

I already have an SD9 ready and for the kit the most important thing really is the body as the rest can be used from old scraps and spares

I'll PM Dave and see if he can help to locate a kit

Thanks

Brian

Also, can anyone tell me about this saving club option?

Rich,

For me cash is the biggest problem but also I would prefer to have the satisfaction of having something I made (helped really) as opposed to buying something in a shop

I already have an SD9 ready and for the kit the most important thing really is the body as the rest can be used from old scraps and spares

Thanks

Brian

Fair play to you for having a go with the kit, hope you find one.

For the savings club I think it would be best for you to drop Seamus a private message and go from there.

Rich,

Thanks

Brian

Brian I will keep my eyes and ears open and if I hear of a kit for sale I will let you know. A big :-bd to you for wanting to have a crack at building a kit.

Rich,

I have a kit and an SD9 chassis. It was earmarked for someone else but they haven't gotten back to me about it. I'll check with them and if they're no longer interested I can offer both to you for €70 + P&P.

There you go, uncle Pat will always look after ya, and it's a more than reasonable offer too.

Rich,