image links being lost on irishrailwaysnews.yuku

Rate this topic

Junctionmad

One of things that concerns me , with internet related photos is that we loose links and possibly therefore source material

for example , many go the images on the above site are now not available

for me I was looking for a whole series of photos relating to claremorris, that were out up by member BurmaRoad

anyone know if they were posted elsewhere

thanks

One of the big hosting sites went bang that members with very large collections uploaded to. Alot of them claimed they would not bother uploading the massive collections again which is a massive shame and massive loss.

There are some great collections held be some people that I would love to see again.

I presume there is not enough capacity on the servers for the site to post these? Unfortunately as time continues to tick by these resources become progressively more invaluable, but I can understand the frustration of having to upload them again having lost them the first time around. I really love the slides that were posted by JW Sutherland and I can imagine that there are others out there with similar fantastic collections that I personally would also love to see.

Edited by DiveController

I presume there is not enough Caoacity on the servers for the site to post these? Unfortunately as time continues to take by these resources become progressively more invaluable but I can understand the frustration of having to upload them again having lost them the first time around. I really love the slides that were posted by JW Sutherland and I can imagine that there are others out there with similar fantastic collections that I personally would also love to see.

No way is disk capacity an issue there days , you can add terabytes for peanuts

One of the big hosting sites went bang that members with very large collections uploaded to. Alot of them claimed they would not bother uploading the massive collections again which is a massive shame and massive loss.

There are some great collections held be some people that I would love to see again.

Then we have an obligation to future modellers and rail historians to track these down and get them reloaded somewhere permanent. Far too much will be lost. We have such a scarcity of pre 70s stuff for example

That's fantastic! Thanks, Stephen. It would also be great if everyone would click to store the image locally if uploading photos of a build on a workbench etc.

There was an occasion when I have reverted back to a tutorial only to find the photos had disappeared.

Problem solved after this, I hope.

Edited by DiveController

That's fantastic! Thanks, Stephen. It would also be great if everyone would click to store the image locally if uploading photos of a build on a workbench etc.

There was an occasion when I have reverted back to a tutorial only to find the photos had disappeared. Problem solved

That's why I host with dediserve, a reliable partner in the cloud!

The reason I have a 35gig library of photos is because no matter the topic, era, or location I'll download it, and put in a folder. If I can't download it direct, I'll screencap it, with author and copyright data so if someone needs a link it can be Googled handy enough. It's for my educational use only, and I give dues when necessary - the wanderer and Mr. Marshall in particular. Many of the photos are screencaps from fotopic and I wouldn't dream of abusing the authors rights by reposting them here, or on FB.

But if people need specific photos, just ask. Someone might have one and email it privately, so long as it's kept private.

Remember, you'll never know when you might need that shot of a tablet catcher on the side of an A class.