Proposed manual of accurate CIE livery details

Rate this question

jhb171achill

Question

Folks, as a result of a couple of expressions of interest, I cast the net wider; is anyone interested in some sort of definitive reference for all known CIE liveries?

If so, I would be happy to put this all together, but I'd need the assistance of someone who can help with outline drawings of all sorts of locomotives, carriages and wagons. Any takers?

Perhaps you might PM me?

11 answers to this question

Delighted with your suggestion. It's a daunting but very worthwhile project especially when you consider one carriage could have five different livery's or more in its lifetime.

Could I suggest you take a loco, coach or wagon in turn and asked for what you need. It strikes me as the makings for a great reference book.

As an actual book, Kirley, I doubt if it would be commercially viable, but if it was, all the better. I would initially plan to just post it all in a section here.

If someone could show me a side elevation of, say, various laminates, that might be a start. I would hope to find a way of "colouring it in" for display here.

Folks, as a result of a couple of expressions of interest, I cast the net wider; is anyone interested in some sort of definitive reference for all known CIE liveries?

If so, I would be happy to put this all together, but I'd need the assistance of someone who can help with outline drawings of all sorts of locomotives, carriages and wagons. Any takers?

Perhaps you might PM me?

Sounds a good idea JB. For hardcopy, it's now very inexpensive as you just upload book content to a web site such as "Blurb" and then folks can buy inexpensive copies of it direct from there. Alternative is a PDF, you just create a word document, and thne "Save As PDF" format file which can be uploaded to this or other web sites.

PS: But I'm not standing on my head to read it when published! :) Kidd'n