1:1 Station building for sale

Rate this topic

The original building (seen in Lawrence collection photos) was a corrugated iron structure like that at Kenmare and was burnt down, in the Civil War iirc.

What's there now looks quite large for what is a very minor station serving literally middle of nowhere, did An Oige extend it when they took it over as a hostel I wonder?

I know this place well since we used to drive past it on the way to Kenmare in the early 70's. An Oige owned it up to about 10 years ago, but it has been in private hands since.

The GSR single signal in it's garden is the one that kicked-started me off to on designing all the old signal range.

I know this place well since we used to drive past it on the way to Kenmare in the early 70's. An Oige owned it up to about 10 years ago, but it has been in private hands since.

The GSR single signal in it's garden is the one that kicked-started me off to on designing all the old signal range.

I stayed in this hostel in 1976 when myself, brother and two friends cycled from Dublin to Kerry and back over two weeks going from hostel to hostel. Many of the hostels such as Loo Bridge have since closed. Happy days! Looks like the property has been extensively renovated since then.

The original building (seen in Lawrence collection photos) was a corrugated iron structure like that at Kenmare and was burnt down, in the Civil War iirc.

What's there now looks quite large for what is a very minor station serving literally middle of nowhere, did An Oige extend it when they took it over as a hostel I wonder?

Speaking of the Lawrence collection, Corkonians or any others with ties to the capital;), will appreciate this collection, no 30,31 & 59 being of most interest to gricers

http://www.corkpastandpresent.ie/history/batch2/cppjuiceboxbatch2/lawrence2/#30