Trainspotting BBC4

Rate this topic

popeye

• 2 weeks later...

It was pretty dire in fairness. My favourite part was the anticipation of seeing the Evening Star GBRf 66 live at Doncaster on a stone train. Then later in the programme they showed what was supposed to be a live feed of a group of GBRf 66s coming from Newport, including the very same Evening Star 66 under tarpaulin at the other end of the country. The move took place months ago. Silly billys.

I also watched it however I strongly felt that the program should not have been live, it would be 10 times better if they in pre recorded clips and didn't rely on what was happening at the time. The presentation also felt a bit blunt and the scientific math stuff! What was that about!. Anyway the program advertised at the end looked extremely interesting.

Then later in the programme they showed was supposed to be a live feed of a group of GBRf 66s coming from Newport, including the Evening Star 66 under tarpaulin. The move took place months ago. Silly billys.

Haha that was brilliant, people were also sending in pics of the measurement train taken months before haha.

Haha that was brilliant, people were also sending in pics of the measurement train taken months before haha.

I was going to throw a banana in the air, take a pic of it and tweet it to them saying I spotted it in Dublin. Sadly I ate our last banana about an hour beforehand.

• 2 weeks later...

Only just caught with my recordings of this. Can only say it mostly made me cringe. Sort of Springwatch for trains, except there is far more variety in wildlife than on our railways these days. A programme like this from the 1950s, 60s or even 70-80s would have had much more variety and interest. Not sure it will have improved the public image of the humble trainspotter either...