Omagh North - Crucial Question

Rate this question

GNRi1959

Question

The photographs show Omagh North layout.

The first picture shows the incomplete bridge at the North end of the station where locomotives can exit this 'shunting layout' for the Derry Road. The is where I hope to store and turn my engine and stock.

IMG_0404.jpg

The other photograph shows the south end with the low relief goods shed buildings where locomotives can enter the shed openings and exit the layout (out of view) also. The plywood is open behind the shed.

IMG_0403.jpg

At each end I have limited space but I want to be able to basically turn the engine either mechanically or otherwise for the return to Omagh. Can anyone suggest a simple method, with least trouble.

9 answers to this question

One option would be to try a "cassette" long enough for turning/storing a loco or a few wagons at each end rather than a turntable and stub sidings. Cassettes are usually fabricated from ply and aluminium angle.

You could use the footbridge as a view blocker for trains arriving from Enniskillen or Portadown

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/11899-fiddle-yard-cassettes/

One option would be to try a "cassette" long enough for turning/storing a loco or a few wagons at each end rather than a turntable and stub sidings. Cassettes are usually fabricated from ply and aluminium angle.

You could use the footbridge as a view blocker for trains arriving from Enniskillen or Portadown

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/11899-fiddle-yard-cassettes/

Hi, thanks for all responses.

I have been doing a lot of thinking and drawing at the lattice steel work on the passenger footbridge.

Its really the only way that I can create a view blocker for the Enniskillen and Portadown line. I just need to use a little

bit of modellers freedom and bring things forward along the platform. Will work though...