Irish Model Buses for sale

Rate this topic

irishbloke77

Hi Everyone,

I have some items for sale, here is a list of some Irish 1:76 scale buses I have for sale.

The green double decker is 40 euros. The Ulsterbus is 20 euros, the small blue Guinness bus is 25 euros, as is the old Corgi Bus Eireann expressway bus.

All the rest are 30 euros each,

Thanks for looking.

IMG_20170619_225339_993.jpg

IMG_20170619_225422_431.jpg

IMG_20170619_225355_563.jpg

IMG_20170619_225327_081.jpg

IMG_20170619_225310_304.jpg

IMG_20170619_225252_661.jpg

IMG_20170619_224154_011.jpg

IMG_20170619_221552_086.jpg

Edited by irishbloke77

Ah, memories.

Donnybrook Bus Garage.

This is a reminder of the building of Donnybrook Bus Garage for us, the Older Generation. Possibly the younger people amongst us may be unaware it was firstly, a Tramcar Depot. An additional Bus Garage was added by Dublin United Tramways (1896) Ltd and finally CIE demolished the Tramcar Depot. They replace it with the Depot that graces the site today.

http://makingirelandmodern.ie/2016/10/17/making-ireland-modern-bus-tour/

OB.

Interesting.....

A study of all Dublin's depots, or what remains of them, would be good to have. I'd do it myself if I had time. A few years I went up to the erstwhile site of the Blessington steam tram terminus at Terenure. Nothing's left, not that there were many buildings to start with; it was levelled after it closed in the 30s and replaced by a fine art-deco 1930s style cinema - itself now long run-down and converted into a cut price carpet shop until recently.

Interesting.....

A study of all Dublin's depots, or what remains of them, would be good to have. I'd do it myself if I had time. A few years I went up to the erstwhile site of the Blessington steam tram terminus at Terenure. Nothing's left, not that there were many buildings to start with; it was levelled after it closed in the 30s and replaced by a fine art-deco 1930s style cinema - itself now long run-down and converted into a cut price carpet shop until recently.

Beside the cinema was built one of Dublin's first automatic telephone exchanges, opened on the first day of 1936. The orientation of that building (on my only visit some 30-odd years ago) appeared to me to be towards the Templeogue Road, so I would imagine it was built on the tramway yard.

Edit: Having just checked Maps, the exchange was just to the north of the Tramway yard. The cinema is now an Enterprise Centre.

Edited by BSGSV

What an interesting deviation for a For Sale thread, in the For Sale section.

The info posted on tram depots will of course be unfindable in the future, as noone will think of looking in a For Sale thread for info on tram depots.

Agree. Maybe a mod could split it off into a separate tread entitled Dublin's Tram Depots or similar?

• 3 weeks later...