Provincial Wagons is back on line

Rate this topic

leslie10646

It's only taken me a month (I was in Switzerland leading a tour for two weeks, mind you) but my website seems to be up again. It's still a work in progress, as I get the hang of a different website builder.

To make it worth your while looking, there's a new offering to ogle at (although if you model Irish Railways AFTER 1965, it's honestly of no interest!).

When 00 Works announced their J15 last year, I suggested to My Man (Michael!) that we might do a CIE brake van to complete a branch goods train  such as would have been pulled by these little engines - we have already offered the corrugated open and the H van, of course.

As two other manufacturers offer the CIE steel 20 ton brake, there was no sense in replicating that, so we looked a bit further. Then I visited a model railway show here on John Bull's Island and there was our old friend Andy Cundick showing off Valencia Harbour. For that layout, he had scratch built a GSWR 10 ton brake. 

I duly photographed it and sent the photo to Michael, who was seduced by its venerable appearance. Michael will admit to being a brake van fan, so we were on the way.

I must also thank Genderg, another brake van freak (or should I say geek, these days?), who produced a pile of useful data and photos.

Six months on, the van exists and I hope to be selling it at Raheny.

When I showed the van to Andy he complained that everyone would think that HIS was actually our kit, but it isn't - his is all his own (very, very skilled) work!

Leslie

Edited by leslie10646
  • Like 3

• 2 years later...

Hi all

OPEN FOR BUSINESS AGAIN - ORDER NOW

Now that my arm has got most of its functions back - well enough  to drive my Smart Car again - it's time to get to work.

I have quite a backlog of orders for kits and so I am visiting my home, after three months away,  to collect things I need to fulfil the existing orders.

I'll be in Frimley until Saturday, so if you want anything, NOW is the time to shout!

Thanks to several of you for your patience!

Regards

Leslie

PS, I assume the the Post office is still delivery at home?

Edited by leslie10646
  • Like 4