Looking for a good book any suggestions?

Rate this topic

Simon Moore

I wonder if anyone could help?

I want to know if a book has been written or one that heavily features the Timoleague & Countmacsherry light railway? I've taken a liking to the locos on the line & with 0 gauge kits available I'm thinking of making a layout based on the railway as I have a thing for off the beaten track light railways especially ones by water.

Cheers

Simon 

Ernie Shepherd's Cork Bandon & South Coast Railway includes a chapter on the Timoleague & Countmacsherry and includes a number of photos of stations, locos and rolling stock. https://www.amazon.com/Cork-Bandon-South-Coast-Railway/dp/185780198

The Ian Allen "Irish Railway Pictorial" series includes Rails around Cork & Kerry ISBN(10) 0 7110 3158 4 & Great Southern Railways ISBN (10) 0 7110 3150 9 include photos of the T&C

Irish Railways in Colour a Second Glance (Midland Publishing) 1995 ISBN 1 85780  019 2 includes 7 colour photos of the line in CIE days. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Irish-Railways-Colour-Second-1947-70/dp/1857800192

Feeling slightly qualified to answer this one,the best coverage is The Railways of West Cork ,Reflections and Reminiscences,its privately published so no isbn or even an authors name.Mine came from the County Donegal people at Donegal Town station.The Bluebell Railway markets a large range of Irish photos with some very good T&C ones in there even better there are thumbnails of the pictures so you can see before you buy. go onto the Bluebell website then their museum link then photo collections the John Smith one is the one to check up on.Andy.

I have this book 

16 hours ago, Andy Cundick said:

The Railways of West Cork ,Reflections and Reminiscences

I somehow found out about it being published privately back in May 2015; the guy I ordered it from who I think actually co-ordinated the publishing etc was a Michael Patterson at  aliceandtom@live.co.uk and price inc p&P to UK was £19.95.

Its an excellent 185 page hard back book with many colour illustrations. Unfortunately I doubt if there are any copies left to sell but you never know.

I have a few T&CLR images in this album  https://www.flickr.com/photos/irishswissernie/albums/72157627276170054

There could well be a few more in the pipeline next month - fingers crossed.

Ernie