South Dublin Model Railway Exhibition 2019 list of exhibitors

Rate this topic

DartStation

Every day on the way to food and stuff I passed Ardmore, by the MRSI chaps, I'd snap a look and then run off! Today I got to spend some time there chatting with Brendan, George & Harry and took a few photos of their amazing creations;-

Hear, Hear, Eoin - I thought the rolling stock on the layout was terrific - mind you I missed the "Big Brothers" of my cattle wagons. I will confess to a particular liking for the GNR(I) T Class tanks - super model of a lovely prototype.

Thank you, indeed, SDMRC for another great exhibition.

And to those who dropped into Room B and made the trip very worthwhile for me. I might also say, it's a nice compliment to my master modeller, Michael, that his latest creation sold out!

In the end, I succumbed and bought a couple of Tara Mines sets, as the wagon is very well executed. Photos of the quartet behind a GNR(I) 0-6-0 in due course! The A Class is awaited with pleasure.

Dave, before you arrived yesterday, I sneaked around to "yer Shop" and bought an AEC set (in blue and cream of course) from Chris. I'd tell you how nicely it runs, but I have to get it "chipped" first!

Richard and I are back in Saint Patrick's Other Island after a smooth overnight journey via the Big Boat and happily pretty empty roads!

I've come back to an inbox with more orders! Happy Days!

Well done SDMRC and thanks for having me!

Now, what date's Warley ...........

• Like 3

The sheer presence of the O Gauge on Little Siddlington & the GNR loco shed module really does it for me, the level of detail and standard of modelling on Bawnboy Road is amazing its not obvious from the photos that the layout is in 3mm scale (smaller than OO) and shows the level of realism and reliability that can be achieved working to fine scale standards. 

• Like 4

20 hours ago, WRENNEIRE said:

This was on offer from Silver Fox on the Chris Dyer tables

A Tool van

Dont know if I like it or not

20191026_111319.thumb.jpg.309602938b4d77ac4529ae080904fe3e.jpg

Ah Dave, yellow stuff, hard working but unloved best run at night in the dark so the public never have see it. :)

• Like 1
  • Funny 1