South Dublin Model Railway Exhibition 2019 list of exhibitors

Rate this topic

DartStation

Hi All

Apologies for the delay in sharing the list of traders and Exhibitors for the 2019 show this weekend in Blackrock College - proudly sponsored by Irish Railway Models.

Please Note list may change without notice: 

Irish Railway Models

All Components 

Eoin Murray Model Trains 

Model Railway Baseboards  

Una's Miniature Wonderland

Brian Collins Enterprises and Martin O'Hanlon

D & E Videos /DC Kits

Chris Dyer

Provincial Wagons 

Jim Poots Model Buses 

Derek Farrelly Model Buses 

John Keenan Model Buses 

Adrian Jackson (Lemon) Model  Buses 

David Rowe/David O'Connor Model Buses

Neal Cahill Model Buses 

Museum Of Childhood Ireland Project - information stand

G Model Scene - scenic accessories

Irish Guide Dogs for the Blind

Times Past - model trains and accessories   

Irish Railway Records Society

Railway Preservation Society of Ireland

Maritime Museum

Marks Models

Donegal Railway Restoration Society

Weir Park Books 

Murphy Models

Clifton Flewitt

Layouts 

Des Mc Glynn - Ballyheady

T-Trak group

Quarry Sidings - UMRC-  N Gauge layout

SDMRC - Rue de Boise - HO scale DCC layout

SDMRC - Schonblik - HO Scale DCC layout

Dublin Model Slot Car Club

Dublin Model Car Club

MERG - group meeting Saturday only

LGB - Garden Railways

O'Dunlaing Lego family layout

Thomas the Tank engine  - layout

The Viaduct - 00 gauge layout

Ballyconnell Road - 3mm Irish outline 

Kildare Town - 00 gauge Irish outline

A Glimpse of Austira - HO gauge

Brick.ie - Lego trains

Model Railway Society of Ireland - Ardmore - O gauge

SDMRC - Maxwell Lane - N Gauge

SDMRC - Hayden Road - N Gauge  

First Bangor Model Railway Club - Charlie's Ridge - N gauge American  

First Bangor Model Railway Club - Trebor's Park - 00 Gauge

Wexford Model Railway Club - Little Siddington - O Gauge 

Octavia Hill - Tony Ragg - 7 mm scale

North Down Model Railway Society - Mill Road - 00 Gauge

Hopefully something there for everyone !

Opening hours : 11-5 daily Saturday ,Sunday & Monday  

Edited by DartStation
add missing exhibitor to list
  • Like 6
  • Informative 2

I second that.

Ballyconnell Road is in another league.

I first saw it at Guildford about 5/6 years ago; I'd parked on a two hour slot and after spending the two hours just walking round and round it, taking in its utter Great Northern-ness, I had to move the car to a "proper car park", tell the other half that she could spend longer in town ......

Welcome Steve, Mick and Co. to Blackrock! Great to have over at last!

Leslie

PS DON'T MISS IT!

• Like 1

Hi everyone,

We are delighted to be sponsors for this show, and are currently getting prepared for the big weekend! 

We will have the A on our stand, with the working sample on display as well as the Crossley body shells for comparison. We will also be giving a decorated sample of our Guinness Keg wagon it's public debut at the show, so make sure you stop by for a look at that! 

489083171_AndyYorkA2.thumb.jpg.6ab3ed4cd03fdd99be42716048c2b35b.jpg

On top of that we will have bubbles, plough vans and the very last of the taras on sale, so grab them while you can! We can also take orders on As, ferts and the container liners, with the liners due the end of November, and the Ferts not far behind. We will have further progress reports on other projects over the weekend too, so make sure you drop by for a chat! 

We will also be able to take orders for Accurascale stock and have some on display too, including the Deltic! 

See you there!

Cheers,

Fran

• Like 8

753385174_2019sdmrc.thumb.jpg.0b177084fcfd647a20df67e67f5e3024.jpg

Hi everyone,

The weekend is almost here, and the show is just one more sleep away!

We are on stand 45 in the 'main lecture hall' beside the Wexford MRC's large O Gauge layout, so make sure you pop down and see us. We're proud to be sponsors of the show, and hope to see lots of familiar faces, as well as some new ones, across the weekend. Make sure you drop by and say hi, and here's to a great show!

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 7

Having battled through the Dublin traffic (how do you guys manage it every day?), actually Richard, God bless him, was driving; you'll find us in:

Room B on Stand 11

As well as my kits -

• I have quite a few Ready to Run wagons newly built from my kits, including CIE sundries container on a 20ft skeleton;
  • some second hand ready to run wagons made from my kits;
  • early Dapol wagons of mine;
  • a Bargain box of second hand weathered Dapols - mine and Mark's -  just €6 each;
  • some storage solutions for your rolling stock

I look forward to seeing some of you over the next few days - I don't want to carry the stuff back to Surrey!

Leslie

PS Richard will be talking about / demo'ing brass modelling beside me!

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Noel said:

Does anybody know if there is a cafe or catering inside the exhibition (for visitors, not just the usual exhibitors private canteen). Somewhere to sit down and chat with folk.

I asked the same question,, but no response to date, might bring my sambos, just in case, 😋😋

BTB

WMRC's Little Siddington O gauge layout was really impressive, track plan, train movements, sound, functioning signalling fully lit, scenics, buildings and 3D figures of LPP (Layout Little People)

Stunning end of the station. Look at those o gauge hand made working signals by micro servos and custom made PCBs by WMRC's signalling guru Dave McCabe. Any train driver/operator found guilt of a SPAD is tried by a WMRC tribunal and likely to be sentenced to operating modern era 00 gauge stock. :)

IMG_3705.thumb.jpg.3eef13f57dfc10561a249aa38af82250.jpg

Look at the detail on the water spot, even the scale heater stove to stop it freezing in winter and the overflow collector

IMG_3706.thumb.jpg.f931c38074e126f806b64a25dad91125.jpg

The rakes of lit coaches fully populated with pax and close coupled with connected gangways was really impressive as were the steam sound locos hauling them interspersed with beefy western region diesels hauling freight.

IMG_3712.thumb.jpg.e447a97194c0404ea7e0ba1dbb782492.jpg

The signal like the others was scratch built using 3D printed parts, brass and micro servos to operate each arm. Love that bridge and the view down the station lines.

IMG_3701.thumb.jpg.dea49907d7d046bc503e018699d3f320.jpg

Lots of exciting train movements. All controlled by Z21 DCC system

IMG_3698.thumb.jpg.8cb8591d1b993a43d16538fea52a6a1c.jpg

• Like 5

I love the stream full of rocks and bits of logs.....a little scenic cameo.

Highlights: absolutely what Leslie describes as “Great Northern-ness”. Ballyconnell Road is absolutely the most accurate layout of any prototype I have ever seen.

Everything handmade - EVERYTHING - due to non standard scale. The track looks so realistic too. Working shunt signals..... in basically 3mm scale. 

Locos, coaches, wagons, everything. Pure and accurate GNR heaven.

Welcome, Ballyconnell Road, to Ireland.

And of course we had IRM with the unbelievably superb “A” class, and the legend that is Paddy Murphy with his 121.

I came away financially a good bit lighter than when I arrived, but money well spent. I’m looking right now at a dozen of Leslie’s cattle trucks, among other things....

And then there’s Eoin’s excellent DARTs!

Folks, if you haven’t been, GO!!!!

• Like 3

IRM had some of their new fabulous looking models on show. Bogie 42ft fertiliser wagon, 42ft container flat, and a fabulous looking 42ft Guinness keg wagon along with some juicy looking containers and their incredible looking A class and their BR Deltic.

IMG_3729.thumb.jpg.374ccfca70f8ddabc1e90ba78016e33e.jpg

Fertiliser wagon looks stunning. Love the way the doors are modelled and the chassis detail. The Guinness loads looked precise and superb too.

IMG_3727.thumb.jpg.c47728ee78f55c8ee4942707619527a0.jpg

IRM A class locos some pre-production painted samples. The green A46 peaked my fancy.

IMG_3714.thumb.jpg.6fbb5c3cafa2e0ac488dec1cc23ed1a7.jpg

Murphy Models 121 class with its see through the body grills looks like another Murphy Models master piece. Best looking loco yet from that iconic stable. Some superb detailing on the pre-production prototype. Definitely worth the wait. Can't wait to get a few for the layout to consist with 141s and a pair nose2nose.

IMG_3720.thumb.jpg.62e83178b86361ca5515a9a7c30e5d07.jpg

• Like 6

5 hours ago, jhb171achill said:

I love the stream full of rocks and bits of logs.....a little scenic cameo.

Highlights: absolutely what Leslie describes as “Great Northern-ness”. Ballyconnell Road is absolutely the most accurate layout of any prototype I have ever seen.

Everything handmade - EVERYTHING - due to non standard scale. The track looks so realistic too. Working shunt signals..... in basically 3mm scale. 

Locos, coaches, wagons, everything. Pure and accurate GNR heaven.

Welcome, Ballyconnell Road, to Ireland.

And of course we had IRM with the unbelievably superb “A” class, and the legend that is Paddy Murphy with his 121.

I came away financially a good bit lighter than when I arrived, but money well spent. I’m looking right now at a dozen of Leslie’s cattle trucks, among other things....

And then there’s Eoin’s excellent DARTs!

Folks, if you haven’t been, GO!!!!

Now you know why I spent two hours looking at it the first time I saw it in England.

Worth coming to see, without a doubt, but lots of other fine layouts on show, so come along.

Congratulations to Steve, Mick and Laurence who carried off the modelling prize this evening. I emphasised to them that they were in very select company and last year's recipient was the incomparable Michael Delaney of MRSI.

Edited by leslie10646
  • Like 3

23 hours ago, Noel said:

Saw you on PW stand but didn't want to interrupt as you looked engrossed in conversation and you were not standing upside down on your hands! :)

Hi Noel, Thanks for not interrupting JHB in flight, as he was signing me a nice cheque! 

But sorry not to have had the chance to say hallo!

I've sold out of the cattle wagon! Well, the order which I asked Michael to fulfil by the Show (which he did with honours).  Patrick had the last five! Mind you, I'd bought a couple of Taras and the packs of Ferts with the numbers of my favourite Merchant Navies!

Never fear, there'll be another batch waiting for me in "Pettigo Fair" when I return on Wednesday - I'll fulfil any requirements at Show prices  post free.

Plenty of other kits of CIE wagons in stock to whet your appetitie -corrugated opens, H Vans, double beets and, of course the GSWR brake van! Come and see my ex-GNR(I) Class Y5 passenger van!

Great to see so many of your guys again - hope to see a few more tomorrow!

Leslie

• Like 5

Well that was a very enjoyable 3 day show, I have to say a big thanks to all the chaps that made it possible with their hard work and organisation- well done. And thanks to all who came over to the DARTs and said hello, brilliant to meet and chat with everyone.

Every day on the way to food and stuff I passed Ardmore, by the MRSI chaps, I'd snap a look and then run off! Today I got to spend some time there chatting with Brendan, George & Harry and took a few photos of their amazing creations;-

810340487_SDRS-0120191028_152254.jpg.b4d550c95d27b5978e46fba8069a0b07.jpg

966837141_SDRS-0220191028_152332.jpg.ef16051d818855b9da781e121998ae8f.jpg

794233295_SDRS-0320191028_152445.jpg.d5d400da6e6b165390b17e8c9f82c0cb.jpg

1566024388_SDRS-0420191028_152532.jpg.6e20957848aafa37e3f50c1ae0dca949.jpg

1362521486_SDRS-0520191028_152824.jpg.0fde43554137daffb6543c595242247a.jpg

1697796362_SDRS-0620191028_152859.jpg.413946a9501aa5ff76b028d38a91f749.jpg

1912842835_SDRS-0720191028_152841.jpg.6db6802677054768ac3f9539521d9a58.jpg

1381011817_SDRS-0820191028_152616.jpg.b22ba61ec41a9d1ca6217c42535cb49d.jpg

2087725543_SDRS-0920191028_152608.jpg.36ffd62b2a79a54b295d4e935c588ac9.jpg

Lovely stuff...

Also well done to all the layout exhibitors who made the show and the traders who brought goodies to buy- I have a few cattle wagons to build and books to read.

Cant wait for the next one

Eoin

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • WOW! 1