Lunch today

Rate this topic

spudfan

I had the privilege of driving a 7-dog Alaskan huskyĀ sled teamĀ recently. The physical endurance of the dogs is incredible and they can cover at least 100 mile a days scooping up snow for quick drink on the canter. No yellow snowĀ and brown is also a no-no especially if you're not one of the lead pair. Not exactly the Iditarod (1100 miles)Ā but a superb experience with a steep learning curve on rough terrain.

The Last Great RaceĀ https://iditarod.com

Ā 

28 minutes ago, DiveController said:

I had the privilege of driving a 7-dog Alaskan huskyĀ sled teamĀ recently. The physical endurance of the dogs is incredible and they can cover at least 100 mile a days scooping up snow for quick drink on the canter. No yellow snowĀ and brown is also a no-no especially if you're not one of the lead pair. Not exactly the Iditarod (1100 miles)Ā but a superb experience with a steep learning curve on rough terrain.

The Last Great RaceĀ https://iditarod.com

Ā 

I used to 'look after' some rented houses for various oversees-dwelling owners. The main skill is to get the right tenants, and the absentee landlords just had to trust me. I needed a new set for one house and had some prospective tenants come round - i had got pretty good at assessing things, and had decided straight away that they were OK, but there was a subject that they were finding hard to bring up - there were three of them - a local lad, his Romanian girlfriend and her cousin - the cousin, it turned out, had a dog, a Husky - would that be a problem? "Certainly not" (it would be something for me to pop round and play with when they were at work)...

Anyway, as they were moving in, IĀ still had a few little jobs to finish - but the dog was in the back garden and spotted me in the house on my own - that was it!

From that day on, it wanted to kill me - genuinely.

A couple of years after they left, IĀ went round to their new place and the dog, though unable to see me through the garden wall, smelt me getting out of the car in the road.

It's the only dog that has ever hated me - and there is just no compromise to be had over the matter.

• Like 1
  • Funny 1