Inishlyre

Rate this topic

Midland Man

Hello all 

This is my layout /diarama of a proposed rail link between Inishlyre to some part of the Achill line. The line was never built.  The diarama is just a idea of what it mite have been like. there is no  picture due to the fact thet my phones camera in not that great so sorry.There will be photos tomorow

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Midland Man said:

Hello all 

This is my layout /diarama of a proposed rail link between Inishlyre to some part of the Achill line. The line was never built.  The diarama is just a idea of what it mite have been like. there is no  picture due to the fact thet my phones camera in not that great so sorry.There will be photos tomorow

I'll be VERY interested to see this!

Had it been built, it was going to be a single platform with a shelter of some sort, a loop and possibly a siding. I suspect if it had been built, it would have looked - initially at any rate - a bit like Burtonport.

• Like 1

Hi jhb171achill 

My diorama is pretty basic. It is only a  straight line of track

with a Hornby  buffer but I might add a wooden platform of some sort made from match sticks or balsa wood. [pretty simple] Thanks for the comments 

Edited by Midland Man
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, jhb171achill said:

I'd use a stone-faced one - a wooden one wouldn't last long in a god-forsaken location like that!  🙂

Hi jhb171achill 

A stone platform sounds like a great idea and will probably be what i do but i don,t have any plastic stone sheets by  so I will have to do with what I got.

3 hours ago, PorkyP said:

Sounds great, I'd also be very interested to see pics....

Thank you for the comment I will have pictures later to day.[hopefully]

• Like 1

Hi Galteemore 

The loco is a waterford limerick and western railway 0-4-4 tank number 295 brian boru.I bought it at a show in 2018 as i dont like moguls 2-6-0s. It is chasis is a SECR  m7 but the real engine looks like a SECR H class.The real engine was withdrawn in 1952 I think and I dont think It ever went on a midland rail line but I do think one of his sister engines ended her life at broadstone in the 1950s. It looks good with a GSWR carrige and a open wagon.

• Like 1