Kirley Junction

Rate this topic

David Holman

19 minutes ago, David Holman said:

Features in this month's RM. Also a nice review of those iconic beer keg wagons. Get mine on line these days, but in the shops from Thursday. The magazine, not the beer kegs...

Irish railways featuring more often in the model press at the moment, which can only be a good thing.

Great to hear. Well done Kieran, Kirley's former prolific posting and modelling exploits were a loss to this forum. His legendary ability to kit bash his own NI stock that was not available RTR or in Kit form was inspirational. Miss his videos and layout photos. His scenic landscaping is something we could all learn from, and a gentleman as well. He still posts occasionally on the FB group and freely on the Irish RMweb group. Haven't bought a paper mag for about 10 years, but in this case I'll make an exception.

https://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/102356-kirley-junction/

Recent video

Edited by Noel
Error + link added
  • Like 8

Delighted to see Kieran's fabulous layout being featured in the iconic Railway modeller- it is well deserved for the time and effort that he has put in over the last few years, he is a gentleman and I have always looked forward to meeting him at the various exhibitions to catch up,

Looking forward to purchasing the magazine.

• Like 3

You have to smile (from Peco site) -

"The September 2020 Issue of Railway Modeller is on sale now, packed full with all the latest News and Reviews from the railway modelling world.

Highlights in this issue include;

• Ashton Steel – A modern era micro marvel in 00, owned and operated by Bruce Duncan
  • Museum of Transport – Robin Brogden’s jam packed heritage scene, 29 years in the making
  • Kirley Junction – newcomer to the hobby, Kieran Lagan’s Irish-outline layout, and much more!

In a Railway Modeller exclusive, Ben Ando of Revolution Trains gives an insight into the history of the former Southern Region Inspection Saloon, Caroline, in this first instalment of an exciting series following the development of Revolution Train's forthcoming model in 00.

In this month project section, Giles Barnabe transforms a toy boat into a useful 00 waterside accessory, while Hugh Norwood creates a representation of the unusual Stronach-Dutton road-rail tractor in 4mm.

Reviews in this month's issue include;

• Hornby Stephenson’s Rocket Train Pack
  • Hornby GWR Slide Door MkIII’s
  • Irish Railway Models' Beer Wagons (pity they're sold out - a terrific wagon)

Plus much more!"

But, NEWCOMER?

Kieran?

Don't make me laugh - my arm hurts enough already!

Kieran tells me he had no idea his railway was in a starring role!

UPDATE:

My nurse has bought me a copy.

Just three pages under title "Seeds of Change". Interesting to see the original layout and the new one. Too few close-ups to do Kieran's rolling stock skills to advantage. 

The new layout includes another terrific station building from Dublin's favourite architect, who has changed profession to being a major Rolling Stock Supplier! His new work is featured in the Review section.

Always good to see Irish content in the RM?

Edited by leslie10646
  • Like 6