Platform Underground Ernie HUH???

Rate this question

Buz

Question

Hi all

Last night I got a phone call from a friend in the big smoke offering me at the right price $00.00 some Bachmann Underground Ernie Platform he though It might be enough for a small two or three car railcar platform or something.

My instinct is telling me it might be too modern image for my tastes just for starters.

His thing is "N" scale and about all I have for a description is it's to big for me to use  and you might be able to use it.

Never heard of it or seen any of it here in Australia so does any one know what Bachmann Underground Ernie is.

So the serious questions are, what am I being offered?? and is it going to be of any use  at all for OO scale trains??

Or is it just going to end up in the modeling might be useful for something maybe some day junk box .

Both of us learned a long time ago you don't throw anything toy or model trains away.

regards John

Edited by Buz

6 answers to this question

3 hours ago, Buz said:

Hi all

Last night I got a phone call from a friend in the big smoke offering me at the right price $00.00 some Bachmann Underground Ernie Platform he though It might be enough for a small two or three car railcar platform or something.

My instinct is telling me it might be too modern image for my tastes just for starters.

His thing is "N" scale and about all I have for a description is it's to big for me to use  and you might be able to use it.

Never heard of it or seen any of it here in Australia so does any one know what Bachmann Underground Ernie is.

So the serious questions are, what am I being offered?? and is it going to be of any use  at all for OO scale trains??

Or is it just going to end up in the modeling might be useful for something maybe some day junk box .

Both of us learned a long time ago you don't throw anything toy or model trains away.

regards John

Underground Ernie is a UK children's TV programme, so the platform may be quite "childish" in some respects. The underground trains are all re-imagined Thomas the Tank-style with faces and personalities for a start.

4 hours ago, hexagon789 said:

Underground Ernie is a UK children's TV programme, so the platform may be quite "childish" in some respects. The underground trains are all re-imagined Thomas the Tank-style with faces and personalities for a start.

Good job no trains in the offer then just platform and other station bits bits.

That would drive me to the brink of real insanity, not just what's considered normal levels of madness in railway modellers.

Childish bits with the right work and accessories that's beatable as long as it works size wise which it sounds like it might be, think I will take the bait on this one

If its a fail all-way's the junk box for later projects.

While we are on toy station bits are the 60's Triang modernization buildings and Hornby Dublo plastic art-deco station bits any use in an Irish setting I have some from my childhood and would at some point like to be able to use them if I can.

The Triang ones don't look to bad with a paint job and glazing fitted. but its the three foot rule instead of the two foot rule 😀

All the pictures of Irish stations I have seen, seem to have a more rustic stone rural and definitely Irish feel to them.

I would think there should be some modern boring brick or concrete box monstrosities there somewhere.

regards John

Edited by Buz

2 hours ago, Buz said:

Good job no trains in the offer then just platform and other station bits bits.

That would drive me to the brink of real insanity, not just what's considered normal levels of madness in railway modellers.

Childish bits with the right work and accessories that's beatable as long as it works size wise which it sounds like it might be, think I will take the bait on this one

If its a fail all-way's the junk box for later projects.

While we are on toy station bits are the 60's Triang modernization buildings and Hornby Dublo plastic art-deco station bits any use in an Irish setting I have some from my childhood and would at some point like to be able to use them if I can.

The Triang ones don't look to bad with a paint job and glazing fitted. but its the three foot rule instead of the two foot rule 😀

All the pictures of Irish stations I have seen, seem to have a more rustic stone rural and definitely Irish feel to them.

I would think there should be some modern boring brick or concrete box monstrosities there somewhere.

regards John

It was more scale than look with the platform, but the trains would definitely be totally out of place!