National Journey Planner.

Rate this topic

Broithe

I've just tried the journey planner for a trip from Sandyford Industrial Estate to Bantry. It gave me 5 journey options which included a choice of bus or Luas from Sandyford to the city centre, the Aircoach service (curiously described as a 'Cork-Dublin Airport-Dublin City service) from Dublin to Cork and a Bus Éireann service from Cork to Bantry. In no case was the option of Dublin to Cork by train suggested, nor was the BÉ / GoBus Dublin-Cork service offered. Also, for the Sandyford-Dublin sector there was no mention of DB route 114 to Blackrock and then DART to the city centre as being an option. On another try I managed to get a option for Aircoach from Leopardstown-Dublin Airport, then Aircoach Dublin Airport-Cork and finally BÉ Cork-Bantry!

On a minor note the planner refers to LUAS instead of Luas.

Broithe, I don't think that a journey planner that was produced by a body with the resources, financial, personnel and data, of the NTA which excludes the rail option for a journey from Dublin to Cork can be fairly be described as having 'teething problems'. If the journey planner had been produced by an individual or a small private company, without the access to the various transport companies that the NTA have, then I would entirely agree with you.

I have, by the way, already voice my views to the NTA using their feedback form. Let's see what they have to say.

It's a bit wonky all right. You can't direct link to the bus or train routes to see what times suit. The whole point I would have thought. Also, it doesn't like my neck of the woods in Dublin and suggests that I get out in O'Connell Street and walk through the sludge of humanity. Next stop, Myhome.ie.....

edit - tried going from my spot in Limerick to Sligo, and it recommends I spend the night in Waterford Bus Station.:confused:

Edited by Glenderg

It's a bit wonky all right. You can't direct link to the bus or train routes to see what times suit. The whole point I would have thought. Also, it doesn't like my neck of the woods in Dublin and suggests that I get out in O'Connell Street and walk through the sludge of humanity. Next stop, Myhome.ie.....

edit - tried going from my spot in Limerick to Sligo, and it recommends I spend the night in Waterford Bus Station.:confused:

I wouldn't like to see you sleeping rough in the bus station in Waterford Richie. I'll put you up for the night :D.

Rich,