Resistance is futile

Rate this topic

The replacement of loco hauled trains.

Well I would rather have a high frequency, cheap to operate (in terms of staffing) than the low frequency, high cost loco hauled trains of yesterday.

DMU operation has allowed IE to increase the frequency of several routes across the country. How can this be bad?

Take the Kerry line. Loco hauled days :

4 up trains.

5 down trains.

Current Dmu etable:

8 trains a day in each direction at regular intervals.

Some of you may consider it a bland railway today but at the end of the day the passenger experience has improved considerably since the days of avelling in cold and and dark Cravens.

Do you want to go back to that?

The Wanderer.

Well I would rather have a high frequency, cheap to operate (in terms of staffing) than the low frequency, high cost loco hauled trains of yesterday.

DMU operation has allowed IE to increase the frequency of several routes across the country. How can this be bad?

Take the Kerry line. Loco hauled days :

4 up trains.

5 down trains.

Current Dmu etable:

8 trains a day in each direction at regular intervals.

Some of you may consider it a bland railway today but at the end of the day the passenger experience has improved considerably since the days of avelling in cold and and dark Cravens.

Do you want to go back to that?

The Wanderer.

I didn't say anything was bad. I was just expressing a preference for loco hauled main line trains as an enthusiast not a passenger.