Silver Fox GNR AEC Railcar

Rate this topic

Patrick Davey

6 hours ago, Westcorkrailway said:

Beutiful livery on them. I have one of the new tooling ones on order in green.

I'm a big fan of the Silverfox stuff - it has its own place in Irish model railways, I have several of their coaches. I have several items on order too at the moment and I look forward to getting them when ready.

However - you mention liveries - there are many errors in their liveries, most notably CIE green things. All seem to have light grey roofs; they should all have either very dark grey or black roofs. Coaches and railcars alike never had light grey roofs......

Easily put right, of course.......

• Like 2

Just now, jhb171achill said:

I'm a big fan of the Silverfox stuff - it has its own place in Irish model railways, I have several of their coaches. I have several items on order too at the moment and I look forward to getting them when ready.

However - you mention liveries - there are many errors in their liveries, most notably CIE green things. All seem to have light grey roofs; they should all have either very dark grey or black roofs. Coaches and railcars alike never had light grey roofs......

Easily put right, of course.......

And as ive said, theyll make it black if you ask for it. Any specifications to the livery you like they will modify which is great. May not compare in quality to MM or IRM but there willingness to specially make orders for you and make it RTR outweighs the benifits for most. The fact they re-tooled the railcars to be more realistic and are working on fixing the sulzer tooling shows they really do care

Not to mention without them there is no sulzers, AEC railcar, C Class, G class or D class RTR options for those of us who struggle with the soldering iron

(Picture from excellent bantry layout on another thread showing the new re-tooled railcar. Must admit the light grey looks roof looks horrendous in this one!!!)

1387875099_P10106181.thumb.JPG.a76fa3646a39f2b8728a792eba7c3bfc.jpeg.50bd63be271129ad23f05943392c77c3.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Westcorkrailway said:

And as ive said, theyll make it black if you ask for it. Any specifications to the livery you like they will modify which is great. May not compare in quality to MM or IRM but there willingness to specially make orders for you and make it RTR outweighs the benifits for most. The fact they re-tooled the railcars to be more realistic and are working on fixing the sulzer tooling shows they really do care

Not to mention without them there is no sulzers, AEC railcar, C Class, G class or D class RTR options for those of us who struggle with the soldering iron

(Picture from excellent bantry layout on another thread showing the new re-tooled railcar. Must admit the light grey looks roof looks horrendous in this one!!!)

1387875099_P10106181.thumb.JPG.a76fa3646a39f2b8728a792eba7c3bfc.jpeg.50bd63be271129ad23f05943392c77c3.jpeg

Yes, it does!

Yes, I'm aware that they are very flexible regarding individual orders and that they have a range of stuff that nobody else is doing. All very positive and beneficial to the hobby.

The re-tooled railcar is a great deal better than the original - but to be fair to that too, IT was the only thing of its kind.

As I said, they've a particular niche in the market, very welcome to many of us.

• Like 1