Black bogies on Container Flats

Rate this topic

Rob

When did the black bogies start appearing on the Container Flats instead of the red oxide ones?

(Didn't want to derail the thread about what the A's hauled!)

Some brand new looking ones visible tonight on the IWT liner on Alexandra Road.

20210505_182951.jpg

• Like 1

Not sure precisely, but I'd guess about 7 or 8 years ago.

In "brown" days too, the whole thing was brown - it didn't have little blue and green bits.

I reckon these, plus the black, aren't a "livery" as such; just manufacturer's colours which they no longer paint brown themselves before using in traffic.

Edited by jhb171achill
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

The color detail on the springs etc. is definitely a more modern thing. When is that photo from ? @Rob So just from the point of view of IRM who certainly do some research on their models, they're only used on the spoil wagons, but also the red oxide Taras (no sign of blue yet) so I guess these are being depicted in a much more modern era.

Edited by DiveController

Quick lookthru Flickr seems to indicate that the color spring detail seems to show up on many things from 62' flat to bogie cement wagon anywhere from 2011-2014 but it's harder to make out for certain if the bogies themselves are black under the grime. Specifically referring to 42' flats at least as early as 2015

Edited by DiveController