160mph Lima CIE class 33

Rate this topic

Noel

This evening I ran one of my old Lima CIE class 33 locos for the first time in over 20 years!

It was insanely fast. I have a measured section of track with a timing gate and measured the loco doing the equivalent of 160mph scale speed

Old Lima class 33 CIE imitation A class

IMG_4756.jpg

I have an emotional attachment to these two awful old Lima class 33s. Can't bring myself to sell them for old times sake.

LimaCIE_Class33s.JPG

Edited by Noel

Noel what the hell did you do to that Class 33m totally awesome, pity there was no passengers :banana:

Hi Paul. I did nothing but a simple lube service. That's how she came out of the box from W J Owens in Bray in the late 70s. Noel

Ps. The second loco isn't as fast but sounds like a tractor. Won't need DCC sound!

Hi Paul. I did nothing but a simple lube service. That's how she came out of the box from W J Owens in Bray in the late 70s. Noel

Ps. The second loco isn't as fast but sounds like a tractor. Won't need DCC sound!

Of course it sounds like a tractor, sure did'nt ya get it in " Wickla " :D

Of course it sounds like a tractor, sure did'nt ya get it in " Wickla " :D

No the Lima loco in the video clip is actually the quieter of the pair. The other 33 sounds like a Massey Ferguson that's run out of oil. :)