South Wexford pw movements

Rate this topic

62'9" flats? 072 looks to be in a right state with that replacement panel/headlight:facepalm:

Add in black and orange door on the other side and you ll get a reliable loco that sounds top drawer ;) . The flats are 62fters and are used to transport track panels and other bits around the network.

62'9" flats? 072 looks to be in a right state with that replacement panel/headlight:facepalm:

Would it be correct to assume like other 071s she may get a major overhaul with body panel repairs when she gets resprayed into freight grey livery and becomes 7072?

I wonder what the current thinking is on how long the refurbished grey locos will be in traffic? The 141s got to fifty - that's another ten years for the 071s....

I reckon they can make it. They are 3 years into overhauling the fleet and are just over half way through. 077 was the first released back into traffic in April 2013 after about 3 years out of service. Think 087 just avoided the scrap heap at after 4 years out of action itself.

I reckon they can make it. They are 3 years into overhauling the fleet and are just over half way through. 077 was the first released back into traffic in April 2013 after about 3 years out of service. Think 087 just avoided the scrap heap at after 4 years out of action itself.

Are there still some parts of the network that have 201 restrictions due weight? Guess some 071s could be re-engined if their lifespan needs to be prolonged and there are emissions issues coming down the tracks. They don't need to be capable of 90mph for freight duties. Mind you one would miss the GM sounds.