Silverfox Models A Class

Rate this topic

Sails

I recently purchased one of the above, RTR, my only problem, how do I get the body off to install a dcc decoder? Can't see any obvious screws/retaining clips. Any feedback from someone who already has opened one up?

Regards

Mark

Hi Mark,

They tend to be held on with glue. Run a scalpel or thin blade around the base of the chassis and you should be good!

+1

Yes they use a soft setting glue that can be easily cut and pulled apart. It's like bostik.

• 3 weeks later...
+1

Yes they use a soft setting glue that can be easily cut and pulled apart. It's like bostik.

Right I managed to cut through the glue after a bit of bother, not so soft after several years in place though. Unfortunately I managed to nick a couple pf wires in the process, I'll fit a decoder and see if it runs, however what should I do about those wires? Will they be okay? Hope the photos are okay.

Side note, what was this original beats judging by the chassis?IMG_4548[1].jpg

Thanks,

Mark

IMG_4545[1].jpg

IMG_4547[1].jpg

Hi Mark

Flowing in the footsteps of JHB I see! with the upside down photos:)

The wires look like they are still making contact, check to see if many strands are broken, even better check it with a meter continuity test, if there is you'll need to solder and insulate them. If still intact stick a blob of tek7 or the like on them to insulate and reinforce them....

Sails A Chassis-00.jpg

If its a Mac camera you use and you take a photo with the camera upside down Windows cannot rotate it automatically like a Mac, you have to do it manually

Eoin

Ha cheers guys, rule number one of attaching photos, - don't do it without a tiniest bit of editing!!

Eoin, yeah don't see any obvious strands broken, sealing up as you say sounds good.

Thanks as always,

Mark