Jump to content

Gabhal Luimnigh

Members
  • Posts

    1,345
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    22

Everything posted by Gabhal Luimnigh

  1. I cut the rough shape with a skil saw believe or not and didn't have a belt sander so I used the bench grinder to clean the shape, no craftsman joiner tools here boss
  2. 4 coaches, perfect condition, all doubles of ones I have, will swap for alternative numbers or maybe green.
  3. Getting there....
  4. Ah right, I didn't realise that the mat was turning black with the PVA, that's not good, I'm afraid I'm hopeless to you then lad
  5. Hi Derek, why do you think PVA is not practical for the turf? I would use the PVA, it dries clear too.
  6. I agree but if anyone needs somewhere to hide the bodies then I have hundreds of acres of woodland around me
  7. Sorry to hear that, condolences to his family.
  8. Great progress George, negotiations are always better than conflict according to the UN anyway
  9. Ya and the important bit is 'if the supplier is handling the Vat correctly' I presume you were still half asleep boss when you wrote An Pist?
  10. Some recycling of a piece of teak and a Jacobs Elite tin lid and I have the initial stage of the locomotive rest for the turntable, I cut the piece of wood to size and shaped the underside by drawing an arc to the correct dimension by simply bowing a steel rule along the length of the wood, then I cut the tin lid to fit the wood and overhang each end to kinda replicate the original and glued it in place, it looks crude at the moment but it should work fine, to be continued....
  11. Thanks John, that's good to know.
  12. Just wow, beautiful workmanship.
  13. Started on the turntable, just going to fabricate a manual version as the original was manual
  14. That wheel press looks the business
  15. It's brass, I can't see any indication of whether it's SSM or not though.
  16. Bag opened John, it's TDM
  17. Two more gone I'll do a deal on the rest, even a swap maybe.
  18. I haven't opened the bag yet but I will
  19. I seem to have the most of two locos but if I can get one made eventually then I'll be happy
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use