461 on tests today....

Rate this topic

irishrail123

great pics wanderer, i thought i was the only lad taking pics at the station - were you hiding in the bushes? got caught out badly there..thought she went to the tc depot. missed the oppertunity for some great pics but you got them anyway, so happy days!

Edited by heirflick

The Bachmann 3F may be a goer for a body line kit for 461 the overall coupled wheelbase is not far off 8'+8'6" against 7'3'+8'10" for 461, an etched brass nickle silver chassis would be easy enough to prepare for 21mm or those needing something more accurate

There is a 4mm drawing but no section, then again 461 still exissts and the GAs should be available from the Manchester Museum of technology.

The general outline is fairly simple without those killer curved running plates found on GSWR & Midland locos so a resin body from a handcrafted or a 3D printed master may be a starter

great pics wanderer, i thought i was the only lad taking pics at the station - were you hiding in the bushes? got caught out badly there..thought she went to the tc depot. missed the oppertunity for some great pics but you got them anyway, so happy days!

Morning Heir,

I was keeping an eye on her progress en route down. I had hoped to go to Carn Bridge to get her but a busy spell in work meant when I looked again she was passing Monastervin and not being looped into Portarlington as she was booked to do. So I settled for the Dublin end of Portlaoise Station and then scooted off to Coniberry LC for some more photos.

As for hiding in bushes? I could ask the same of you as I didn't see anybody else taking photos in the station of her arrival!

A wonderful two days of something different. Will be hard to beat that for a long time.

But the main thing is, talking to the crew the Loco seems to be back in great form. So hopefully the trouble that has blighted her for the past year is well and truly gone.

The Wanderer.