Not Receiving Email Notifications

Rate this topic

DJ Dangerous

Hi Guys.

Just wondering if the site is having issues with email notifications at the moment?

I'm not receiving email notifications of private messages or thread updates the past couple of days.

I've checked my notification settings here on the forum and they are definitely correct.

I've also checked my SPAM folder, and the odd email does end up in there alright, but nothing at all the past few days.

Thaks!

1 hour ago, DJ Dangerous said:

Hi Guys.

Just wondering if the site is having issues with email notifications at the moment?

I'm not receiving email notifications of private messages or thread updates the past couple of days.

I've checked my notification settings here on the forum and they are definitely correct.

I've also checked my SPAM folder, and the odd email does end up in there alright, but nothing at all the past few days.

Thaks!

Haven't heard any other reports - perhaps make sure the domain is whitelisted just in case?

I had a couple of PMs over the last few days and am set up for email alerts and the pop-up window.

I found them due to the 'window' alert, but there is no sign of any email - in mail, spam or bin.

This isn't an issue for me really, to be honest, just info in relation to the above. I have definitely had email PM alerts in the past.

• Informative 1

46 minutes ago, murphaph said:

Yeah something is not working as it was for me too. I got the last email alert on the 7th of December for a PM from George. Broithe, your recent PM to me resulted in no email however. I just saw it by chance I guess.

I got no emails for either of yours, but I don't really rely on on them, the site pop-ups were there for both, I'm sure.

The most recent email PM alert that I can find in the bin is from Sven E on Dec 8th. 

• Informative 1

• 3 months later...

Not sure if it's of any use, but yesterday, I started receiving email notifications from the forum again. I'd received the odd email over the past few months, but yesterday and today seem to have been receiving the correct amount. Not a SPAM issue, as I've been checking my SPAM folder regularly.

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

2 hours ago, DJ Dangerous said:

Not sure if it's of any use, but yesterday, I started receiving email notifications from the forum again. I'd received the odd email over the past few months, but yesterday and today seem to have been receiving the correct amount. Not a SPAM issue, as I've been checking my SPAM folder regularly.

We had to offload delivery to a third party service as too many people had flagged the server IP for spamming them (rather than just unsubbing from notifications :)

2 minutes ago, BosKonay said:

We had to offload delivery to a third party service as too many people had flagged the server IP for spamming them (rather than just unsubbing from notifications :)

What sort of censored hole reports something that they have sunscribed to, as SPAM?

Delighted that it's sorted either way, thank you!

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, DJ Dangerous said:

Strange. Some threads are working again, like this one and the eBay thread, but some, like Tara Junction, no longer appear in my forum notifications, nor am I receiving email notifications for them.

Same here. I'm now not receiving notifications for Tara Junction, and when I did they were going straight to my spam. Likewise, with anything else I'm following. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JasonB said:

Same here. I'm now not receiving notifications for Tara Junction, and when I did they were going straight to my spam. Likewise, with anything else I'm following. 

I got one for Boskonay's post in this thread, and yours, but Tara Junction has vanished the past week.

☹️

8 minutes ago, DJ Dangerous said:

I got one for Boskonay's post in this thread, and yours, but Tara Junction has vanished the past week.

☹️

A little hit and miss with me recently. Some were coming through, some were going straight to spam. Yes, Tara Junction has stopped completely, and I've also noticed the same problem with Dugort Harbour. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, JasonB said:

A little hit and miss with me recently. Some were coming through, some were going straight to spam. Yes, Tara Junction has stopped completely, and I've also noticed the same problem with Dugort Harbour. 

I was starting to have a problem with some going into SPAM before the change in mailout delivery provider, but none are going into SPAM since.

I received emails for TJ last Sunday, but not today, which coincides with the other notifications that stopped working for me on Thursday afternoon.

• Agree 1