Standard Track you get with Hornby Train Sets - Rail Joiners - Code 100 & 75

Rate this topic

Keano30

Hi guys,

Just wonder if you could clear up an issue I have. I bought standard train sets from Hornby which provided the track and rail joiners. Now as I'm expamnding my model railroad I have purchased Code 100 Peco Flexi track. They did  not come with rail joiners and was wondering what is the size / code i should be ordering to allow me to join  the Hornby tracks to the Peco Code 100.

Also whats the difference between Code 100 & 75?

• Like 1

The code is the height of the rail in 1,000ths of an inch. There are adapters to run Code 100 & Code 75 rails into each other.

Peco SL-10 joiners will do the job of joining Code 100 lengths together.

Peco SL-10 HO Code 100 Conductive Rail Joiner 24 Pack – ToysCentral - Europe

SL-11 for the insulating joiners.

Edited by Broithe
  • Agree 1
  • Informative 2

3 hours ago, Keano30 said:

Hi guys,

Just wonder if you could clear up an issue I have. I bought standard train sets from Hornby which provided the track and rail joiners. Now as I'm expamnding my model railroad I have purchased Code 100 Peco Flexi track. They did  not come with rail joiners and was wondering what is the size / code i should be ordering to allow me to join  the Hornby tracks to the Peco Code 100.

Also whats the difference between Code 100 & 75?

Confession time!

I have loads of Hornby long straights on my layout - they are straighter than anything I can lay - and intermixed with Peco 100.

As for Peco Setrack ....... even more of that sneaked in!

• Like 3

On 19/1/2022 at 11:24 AM, Broithe said:

The code is the height of the rail in 1,000ths of an inch. There are adapters to run Code 100 & Code 75 rails into each other.

Peco SL-10 joiners will do the job of joining Code 100 lengths together.

Peco SL-10 HO Code 100 Conductive Rail Joiner 24 Pack – ToysCentral - Europe

SL-11 for the insulating joiners.

Thank you appreciate the response. So the Hornby is the code 75 I presume. 

On 23/1/2022 at 4:45 AM, Keano30 said:

Thank you appreciate the response. So the Hornby is the code 75 I presume. 

The Hornby is code 100 and the conductive and insulated joiners above will join them. But Peco also does a code 75 track and if you need to mix them on the same layout, there are joiners that will Segway the two different height rails together. You might do this if (say) you had existing track you wanted not to waste and placed it in tunnels or on a ‘behind the backboard’ fiddle yard etc. but wanted to join it to Code 75 track that you had selected for use in the main viewing area as it looks a little better ( more prototypical height) 

Edited by DiveController
  • Like 1

On 24/1/2022 at 11:53 PM, DiveController said:

The Hornby is code 100 and the conductive and insulated joiners above will join them. But Peco also does a code 75 track and if you need to mix them on the same layout, there are joiners that will Segway the two different height rails together. You might do this if (say) you had existing track you wanted not to waste and placed it in tunnels or on a ‘behind the backboard’ fiddle yard etc. but wanted to join it to Code 75 track that you had selected for use in the main viewing area as it looks a little better ( more prototypical height) 

Out of curiosity, and I maybe showing my nativity/lack of experience here,  why would you join Code 75 & 100?