JM Design January 2022 Update

Rate this topic

Mayner

Some positive news going into the New Year.

I am re-introducing the $40(NZ) Economy with Tracking option  for items less than $250.00 (NZ) in value, An Post having confirmed that some items were returned in error as opposed to as a result of a problem with the Electronic Customs Declarations.

Our decal supplier has finalised the graphics for the Standard Open, Covered and Grain wagons and I expect to update the website and make an announcement mid-March once I have received the decals and completed the decorated samples.

The March update will also include a number of new wagons that are currently in the pipeline including 'updated" versions of the 20T Brake Van and additional versions of the "standard" Covered Wagon to help ring the changes and add variety to goods trains.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Mayner said:

Some positive news going into the New Year.

I am re-introducing the $40(NZ) Economy with Tracking option  for items less than $250.00 (NZ) in value, An Post having confirmed that some items were returned in error as opposed to as a result of a problem with the Electronic Customs Declarations.

Our decal supplier has finalised the graphics for the Standard Open, Covered and Grain wagons and I expect to update the website and make an announcement mid-March once I have received the decals and completed the decorated samples.

The March update will also include a number of new wagons that are currently in the pipeline including 'updated" versions of the 20T Brake Van and additional versions of the "standard" Covered Wagon to help ring the changes and add variety to goods trains.

Are the updated versions of the 20t brakevans part of the 2nd wave of flying snail stencil vans that were released for pre order in January?

55 minutes ago, Westcorkrailway said:

Are the updated versions of the 20t brakevans part of the 2nd wave of flying snail stencil vans that were released for pre order in January?

No the updated versions of the Brake Vans have revised body detail 1. Timber body with smooth sheeted rather than planked duckets.  2 Plywood sheeted body with pressed steel duckets. The Ply bodied version is unlikely to be available before June 2022

The Flying Snail Vans are in stock and some have been delivered.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Mayner said:

No the updated versions of the Brake Vans have revised body detail 1. Timber body with smooth sheeted rather than planked duckets.  2 Plywood sheeted body with pressed steel duckets. The Ply bodied version is unlikely to be available before June 2022

The Flying Snail Vans are in stock and some have been delivered.

So a slightly different version of the brakevan altogether. Steel sheeted would be simular but not identical to SSM kit of the 30 ton variant 

• Like 1