Grange Castle

Rate this topic

Grange Castle

Evening lads. Haven't posted in a long time although I have been keeping an eye on the site. A lot of what I see posted has me very jealous ! 

And although I haven't posted I have continued collecting so hopefully this year I will really get stuck into putting it all together. For the moment I might just post some of what I have in the hope it gives me the kick I need to get the layout built. 

The layout is set in West Dublin and will be a decentralised transport hub it will have a 4 track station accommodating Intercity, Commuter and eventually Dart West services. A bus hub at the train station will provide services to Airport and Ferryport via m50 as well as local and expressway services meaning passenger traffic can avoid city centre. 

The plan also includes a stobart/irish rail depot which will be the drop off point for containers going to Dublin port. 

Layout is running around attic so has decent amount of track length. 

But a word of warning, I very much plan this to be MY layout, there WILL be eras mixed, wrong stock running together, stuff that's generally wrong etc. I'll be honest I don't know the details on trains etc, I just like them ! 

I don't mind negative feedback, I will learn bits along the way. 

Anyway thanks lads I'll post a few bits I uncover in the boxes over the next while. 

20220202_174448.jpg

20220202_174524.jpg

20220202_172401.jpg

20220202_174448.jpg

20220202_174524.jpg

20220202_172401.jpg

Edited by Grange Castle
Photos didn't upload
  • Like 10
  • WOW! 1

1 hour ago, DJ Dangerous said:

How did you do all of the different destinations on the buses???

They were actually all releases. The latest ones ( 13A & 51B) are from IRM, the 25A and 103 are from Britbus and were released a long time ago. The 103 is actually modelled on a cityswift that was on loan to Bus Eireann at the time and carries Bus Eireann markings along the side. Rare enough the 103 model, apparently some of the batch was lost which makes it even more scarce. 

• Informative 1

I remember that bus (103) on trial with Bus Eireann and traveled on it several times. AT that time it was all coaches on the 103 route to Ashbourne and Bus Eireann were looking at introducing double deckers. it was very noisy and ratley, low spec on the seats, the speed was restricted for city use. Took forever on the old N2 to reach Ashbourne.Trials were successful all double deckers on the route now.

• Like 2

On 2/2/2022 at 7:12 PM, Grange Castle said:

I'll be honest I don't know the details on trains etc, I just like them !

I’ll be the same on mine, keep it as close as I can but not at the expense of leaving locos on the shelf :)

Your collection is really impressive, looking forward to following the progress :)

Edited by Adrian
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...

The Irish Rail / Stobart Rail Civil Engineering partnership has commenced and equipment has started to assemble at Grange Castle ahead of the project to rebuild the Station area. 

Works include 

Realignment of track

Ballasting 

Building of platforms (currently passengers have to jump 🙄🤣)

Installation of shelters and Bus set down areas to front of the Station. 

Project is expected to take anything from couple of weeks to couple of years depending on a number of factors, mainly consisting of time available, mood, football on TV and whether or not beers need to be consumed 😁

20220302_184118.jpg

20220302_184124.jpg

20220302_184132.jpg

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Grange Castle said:

2 hours ago, Grange Castle said:

.....Project is expected to take anything from couple of weeks to couple of years depending on a number of factors, mainly consisting of time available, mood, football on TV and whether or not beers need to be consumed 😁

The consulting engineer's report states that the first priority is the consumption of beers, I believe......

Edited by jhb171achill
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 1

• 3 months later...