Noel Playfair - NIR & RPSI driver

Rate this topic

jhb171achill

This is the E Mail
Journal 211 - June 2023

Dear Member,

It has come to our attention that the printed IRRS Journal for June 2023 had underpaid postage applied to it for our members located in the United Kingdom. Unfortunately Royal Mail raised prices in April and despite checking with the Newry Post Office that everything was correct our contractor was not made aware of this.

Some members have reported having to pay a 1.50 GBP surcharge to Royal Mail in order to take delivery.

We now attach a pdf version of the Journal for all members so that they can enjoy the content immediately.

We apologise for this and hope that you enjoy the June Journal, which is the result of many hours of work by our team of volunteers.

If you have any concerns or queries please do not hesitate to contact us info@irrs.ie

Kind regards

Mark Merrigan
Hon Secretary IRRS

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

On 6/7/2023 at 4:41 PM, Irishswissernie said:

I had an E Mail from IRRS a few days ago saying that the Journals for UK members had been posted via Royal Mail in Newry but due to wrong information given by the Newry Post Office they had been posted with insufficient postage and Royal Mail have been sending out a card demanding another £1-50 (this includes an admin fee) to be paid before they will deliver them. I had the Email from IRRS because I am on their E Mail 'mailing' list. Their email had a link to an On-line version of the Journal so I have just read this instead. My postcard from Royal Mail demanding £1-50 arrived a couple of days ago. It says they will return the item to the sender in 18 days if I don't pay it.

I received the same email, explaining the confusion.

Great idea with the online version.

My hard copy arrived late last week, but I'm a bit further south than Newry...

• Like 2