Ask the audience

Rate this topic

Gabhal Luimnigh

16 minutes ago, Gabhal Luimnigh said:

I would much prefer if these were black, like the older versions of CIE, the question I have is should I paint them or try swap them with someone that wants to? 

11 minutes ago, Galteemore said:

I’d try the swap route first myself…..

Apart from the preserved version, the earlier black ones may have smaller lights than the orange ones have - not the end of the world, unless absolute authenticity is your aim, but a swap is the easy way, if it can be arranged.

It's got to be worth trying.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

The Irish Rail and IE ones are the most desirable if you ask me. If you can't find a swap partner, just sell them for the going rate and buy the black ones you want. Is PM releasing any black ones this year? If so, you could sell them now for good money then buy the black ones and renumber any duplicates (much easier than a full respray!)

I suspect you will find a swap partner for both locos to be honest.

• Like 3
  • Agree 3

15 minutes ago, murphaph said:

The Irish Rail and IE ones are the most desirable if you ask me. If you can't find a swap partner, just sell them for the going rate and buy the black ones you want. Is PM releasing any black ones this year? If so, you could sell them now for good money then buy the black ones and renumber any duplicates (much easier than a full respray!)

I suspect you will find a swap partner for both locos to be honest.

Thanks for that, I don't think I will sell them of the hassle of pricing etc, a swap is preferable. 

24 minutes ago, Broithe said:

Apart from the preserved version, the earlier black ones may have smaller lights than the orange ones have - not the end of the world, unless absolute authenticity is your aim, but a swap is the easy way, if it can be arranged.

It's got to be worth trying.

Absolute authenticity is not my aim, it takes the fun out of it for me, thanks for your id tip though, I'm still learning. 

• Like 3