Murphy Models 5102 MK2 Coach Bogies

Rate this topic

Keano30

Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone knew how to contact Murphy Models for Spare parts. I am looking for a set of Bogies for the 5102 MK2 Coaches. There are no contact details on the MM website. Alternatively if anyone has a spare set of Bogies with the Couplings I'd be interested to hear from you. 

I temporarily fitted the IRM Sambre ET MEUSE Y33 Bogies but as you can see in the picture they are not the correct ones for this coach.  

image.thumb.jpeg.9b053ec2737aff19dfc178d2428e162e.jpeg

It's unlikely that you'll get spares for them at this stage, but, Murphy Models have a new batch of Mk2D's due out over the next year or two.

I'd assume that this will increase the likelihood of spares becoming available.

The new batch are likely to have 21mm-friendly bogies. If these are also made available to buy, you can be sure that there'll be a few folk buying packs of new bogies, who will then have their old bogies to spare.

• Agree 1

On 13/3/2023 at 1:30 PM, Keano30 said:

Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone knew how to contact Murphy Models for Spare parts. I am looking for a set of Bogies for the 5102 MK2 Coaches. There are no contact details on the MM website. Alternatively if anyone has a spare set of Bogies with the Couplings I'd be interested to hear from you. 

I temporarily fitted the IRM Sambre ET MEUSE Y33 Bogies but as you can see in the picture they are not the correct ones for this coach.  

image.thumb.jpeg.9b053ec2737aff19dfc178d2428e162e.jpeg

My main source of spares, bogies, buffers, glazing, wheels, couplings, etc, has been from Peter Spares in GB: https://www.petersspares.com

Unfortunately being located in brexitistan there will be additional customs fees (ie vat+Duty) payable to An Post prior to delivery to EU.

• Like 1