The things you hang on to from years ago…

Rate this topic

Darius43

Wow! I remember those.............! Very much a relic of the "Troubles" - you'd get onto a bus with hard plastic seats and a "civilian searcher" might get on and go through your stuff..... or the RUC or British troops...... and Horslips were playing in the Ulster Hall, or the Undertones in the Pound.............

• Like 4

7 hours ago, jhb171achill said:

Wow! I remember those.............! Very much a relic of the "Troubles" - you'd get onto a bus with hard plastic seats and a "civilian searcher" might get on and go through your stuff..... or the RUC or British troops...... and Horslips were playing in the Ulster Hall, or the Undertones in the Pound.............

During the  early 80's I was in Belfast. It was the time when you got searched going through a barrier to the city centre. There was always a male officer and a female officer present so the correct officer could do the frisk down. I had long hair at the time. When I approached the barrier I was asked "Male or female?" I was tempted to say female as I'd get frisked by the female officer.....

• Funny 5

1 hour ago, spudfan said:

During the  early 80's I was in Belfast. It was the time when you got searched going through a barrier to the city centre. There was always a male officer and a female officer present so the correct officer could do the frisk down. I had long hair at the time. When I approached the barrier I was asked "Male or female?" I was tempted to say female as I'd get frisked by the female officer.....

Or you could have said "Yes, please!"...........

3 hours ago, spudfan said:

I remember a priest working himself into a lather during a sermon (the late 60s) about how the World was coming to an end, after seeing a young couple and not being able to recognise the difference between the sexes because they were both wearing long hair and denim jeans. I was only a kid at the time, but it of those lightbulb moments about not believing everything your told by people in authority

Edited by Mayner
  • Like 1
  • Funny 1