Bus Eireann DAF VDL Futura 2 LC300 in 1/87 - Available to Pre-Order

Rate this topic

DJ Dangerous

Retro Models' (AKA author and bus expert Ed O'Neill)'s Bus Eireann DAF VDL Futura 2 LC300 in 1/87 scale is available to pre-order here:

https://www.irishretro.com/new-products-2/bus-ireann-model-lc300-type

May be a bit modern for some folk, but with IRM's 22000's probably only a year away, this would be a nice model to squeeze in somewhere.

According to the Irish Retro website:

"The model will feature LC304 on the 132 Tullow route, however extra decals will be provided for you to apply should you prefer to show 109 An Uaimh (LC305) ; 101 Drogheda (LC322); 239 Corcaigh (LC316); 160 Newry (LC303).

The advance order price is €85.00 + p&p."

1 minute ago, the Bandon tank said:

Why 1/87 scale?. Why not 1/76.

I'd guess that they have commissioned the models from a manufacturer who have the tooling in that scale already, but your best bet is to contact Retro Models and ask.

I'd also hazzard a guess that commissioning a bus requiring completely new tooling, ie a VDL in 1/76, would be cost prohibitive relative to the market.

I've pre-ordered, as I'm sure they'll look savage when set back a little from other models.

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, skinner75 said:

Link for the bus model didn't work for me either, and I can't find it listed on the site anywhere. The VDL wouldn't be my bag though - just happy to find the Atlantean book, with part two due next year too

Maybe you could ask him about the bus if you're in contact about your book order? I guess he has stopped taking orders and removed the order page, but can't speak on his behalf.