Books

Rate this topic

dingle

Any of you boys read books? I used to like John Grisham, his early stuff was really good, but his later works leave me cold. I moved on to Michael Connelly, Kate Atkinson, then Peter Temple. He is Australian, real nitty gritty stuff. Suits my aged temperament. Look out for Truth, open a bottle of red, and settle back.

I've been reading a lot of books lately and amongst the many books were

A clockwork orange

The catcher in the rye

The forgotten soldier

Jaws, much different to the movie

Inside out by Pink Floyd drummer Nick Mason

The stand by Stephen King, it took ages but was well worth it.

Rich,

Any interesting Irish crime writers? Or should I re-read my Maeve Binchy collection.

Dingle, Taken by Niamh O'Connor starts with a 3 year old boy being kidnapped outside a service station on Eden Quay in Dublin and is a good read. In the woods by Tana French is an OK read also.

Rich,

Dingle, Taken by Niamh O'Connor starts with a 3 year old boy being kidnapped outside a service station on Eden Quay in Dublin and is a good read. In the woods by Tana French is an OK read also.

Rich,

Thanks, Rich, I will look out for them. Regards Ken

Thanks, Rich, I will look out for them. Regards Ken

No Probs Ken, I'll do a bit of investigation myself later as I remember reading more. I remeber reading The Guards by Ken Bruen (I think

) a while back, it wasn't great but if you were stuck for a read it might do. There's an Irish Author called John Connolly who has released some novels about a guy called Charlie Parker who is a PI in the US, and his nickname is Bird. The books do sometimes have a supernatural story line but are also OK.

Rich,