Drawings

Rate this topic

Paul 34F

Hello everyone,

I have been working for some years now, creating drawings of various CDRJC, GNRI, locomotives and carriages.  I have collected numerous original diagrams and work from these and photographs to produce my work.  
Currently, I’m updating my diagrams for the PP 4-4-0.  Initial basic diagrams are now being updated to include as much detail as possible, (where I have the information).

I have collected material for several other Irish companies and over time hope to produce detailed drawings for some of these too.

Would members of this forum, be interested in purchasing PDF files of my work? 

Kind regards

Paul

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, Paul 34F said:

Hello everyone,

I have been working for some years now, creating drawings of various CDRJC, GNRI, locomotives and carriages.  I have collected numerous original diagrams and work from these and photographs to produce my work.  
Currently, I’m updating my diagrams for the PP 4-4-0.  Initial basic diagrams are now being updated to include as much detail as possible, (where I have the information).

I have collected material for several other Irish companies and over time hope to produce detailed drawings for some of these too.

Kind regards

Paul

Sounds interesting - can we have more details - what sizes, what prices, etc......

Excellent project. I must look and see if I can send you anything I have. I think I've some Donegal carriage drawings somewhere.

Yes please Paul. Having seen and used some of your work already , I’d thoroughly recommend it. Having built a loco from an original GA drawing in all its complexity, I can see the real merit of high quality ‘interpretive’ drawings such as yours, intended specifically for modelling use. You don’t have a J class in there by any chance ? ;) 

Edited by Galteemore
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Paul 34F said:

...., creating drawings of various CDRJC, GNRI, locomotives and carriages.  I have collected numerous original diagrams and work from these and photographs to produce my work.  

Presumably this isn't duplicating any of Richard's extensive drawings work at the IRRS?

Just now, Horsetan said:

Presumably this isn't duplicating any of Richard's extensive drawings work at the IRRS?

No. Richard replicates GAs, several of which I have used and what a blessing they are. These, I think, are more in the way of the old loco drawings by Ian Beattie that used to appear in the Railway Modeller, which are simpler to interpret for modelling purposes. Doubtless Paul will correct me if I am off course on that.

• Like 1

Dear All,

Thank you for your responses.

The diagrams I create are in the style of drawings found in Model Railway magazines.  Initially, they were for my own benefit, but I have realised after nearly 20 years, I have quite a collection.  Consequently, I’m slowly going back through them to add more details.  I have copies of Isinglass drawings, (for the LNER), in my collection and use these as inspiration.

My work is not duplicating what Richard and his team have produced, in fact if I hadn’t come into contact with him and Leslie several years ago at the Warley show, I wouldn’t know as much as I do now.  In fact at some point I need to acquire the disks for the other companies rolling stock.

With regard to sizes and prices, initially I was intending supply drawings as PDF documents for a purchaser to print off.  I live out in Romania with my family and concluded this was the easiest method.  I can rescale drawings to any of the common scales and supply files accordingly to fit A4 sheets.  I could supply printed drawings, but packaging and postal charges are currently unknown, plus I need to locate a Print shop near to my location, should sizes larger than A4 be required.  As an example, a year ago I resized the diagram for the GNRI class A to 7mm scale for Galteemore.  If I recall correctly, this ended up on three or four A4 sheets of paper.  
As for prices, I was considering £7.50 for a locomotive, (with tender, as appropriate), and £6.00 for a carriage, scaled to 4mm / 1 Foot.  Please let me know if this is reasonable?

JHB, if you have any details, I would greatly appreciate them.  I have also received information from Seagoebox, with some more promised.  It’s a shame Steve Rafferty has passed on, he may have liked what I have done and maybe helped with some details, especially Dining Cars.

Finally, give me a little time to get the list reasonable, so that is easier to read through and I’ll see if I can attach a carriage drawing without breaking the upload limit.

Once again, thank you for your reactions.

Kind regards

Paul

p.s. Galteemore, I do have a works GA for a J class and a very basic CAD file.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative 1

Thank you for the encouragement.

I do not currently have anything drawn for the BCDR.  However, I do have GA’s for some of the locomotives and I do have details of the 6 wheel carriages sold by the GNRI.

I’m half way through compiling the list, which is dominated by the GNRI and CDJRC.  In the background, I have information for the LLSR and some GSR locomotives, plus I have an entire folder with Beyer Peacock information I need to refresh myself on.

Kind regards

Paul

• Like 3

As requested, I have created a Word document listing what is available as CAD drawings.

Drawing List 09022024.docx

There are two sample drawings as PDF’s.  These are not to scale, but are provided to show a basic drawing in my collection against a full detailed diagram.  As I progress, drawings will be adjusted to the fully detailed versions.  On the list, fully detailed drawings are indicated by the # symbol after the class identifier.

L2 Not to Scale Sample.PDF

M2 CBM021 Not to scale sample.PDF
As mentioned above, pricing is currently in Sterling, but I will look at options, probably by PayPal or Bank Transfer.

Kind regards

Paul

• Like 4
  • Informative 1

• 1 month later...

Well, my drawing purchase has just landed. For obvious commercial reasons I won’t post the images here! Suffice to say they are top notch and incredibly well done. Even if you aren’t a scratch builder they would be a nice bit of wall art. No connection other than satisfied customer. 

Edited by Galteemore
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/2/2024 at 2:54 PM, Paul 34F said:

JHB, if you have any details, I would greatly appreciate them.  I have also received information from Seagoebox, with some more promised.  

I’ll have a poke about, Paul, and PM you. I’m away for a few days in Galway so will delve when I get home.

Congrats on an absolutely invaluable project!

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1