Moyross station proposal

Rate this topic

https://www.independent.ie/regionals/limerick/news/location-of-new-limerick-train-station-revealed-by-iarnrod-eireann-next-stop-moyross/a1299465430.html

The Independent reports a public enquiry on a station in Moyross has begun, and an area map has been provided.

Iarnród Éireann has confirmed details of the emerging preferred location for a new train station at Moyross, in Limerick city.

Irish Rail themselves have a page on their website with more information: https://www.irishrail.ie/en-ie/about-us/iarnrod-eireann-projects-and-investments/new-stations/moyross

The most obvious thing to me (it's 3am so I might have missed something) is that it'll be built with one platform on a single-track line, though it says it'll be designed to allow a second to be added if the line gets doubled.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Good location by the looks of it! Pretty close to a lot of amenities and also while I’m a pretty populated area, there’s space to the immediate sound and north of the line and beyond for transit oriented developments! Great to see more investment in the Limerick commuter system!

Stations at Adare and the specially Dooradoyle on the newly built Foynes line seem to me like a huge missed opportunity, Dooradoyle being a highly populated area currently underserved by public transport.

A park and ride station out by the N24/M7 junction by Castleroy was being floated a while ago too, is that still on the cards…? Moyross is definitely progress so hopefully we see more similar projects pop up around Limerick, in conjunction with doubling to Ennis and Limerick Junction!

Edited by 226 Abhann na Suire

On 21/5/2024 at 11:22 AM, 226 Abhann na Suire said:

Good location by the looks of it! Pretty close to a lot of amenities and also while I’m a pretty populated area, there’s space to the immediate sound and north of the line and beyond for transit oriented developments! Great to see more investment in the Limerick commuter system!

Stations at Adare and the specially Dooradoyle on the newly built Foynes line seem to me like a huge missed opportunity, Dooradoyle being a highly populated area currently underserved by public transport.

A park and ride station out by the N24/M7 junction by Castleroy was being floated a while ago too, is that still on the cards…? Moyross is definitely progress so hopefully we see more similar projects pop up around Limerick, in conjunction with doubling to Ennis and Limerick Junction!

https://www.atkinsrealis.com/en/media/trade-releases/2024/2024-01-22#:~:text=AtkinsRéalis will develop station location,the Limerick to Ennis Line.

Few projects on the go mentioned there along with the Limerick Double Track project aslo.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, mmie353 said:

Interesting to see what happens with this, even though Moyross is one of the places in Limerick, I would avoid going to. 

I used to say the same about Broombridge, but since the Luas went in it's become as safe a station to dwell in as any. 

That said I know some perfectly nice people from both areas. :)

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Niles said:

I used to say the same about Broombridge, but since the Luas went in it's become as safe a station to dwell in as any. 

That said I know some perfectly nice people from both areas. :)

Don't get me wrong, I know there are nice people living in areas like Moyross, I would also love to see things get turned around there. It would be lovely to walk down any area of the city and feel safe, sorry to say that is not the case for all areas. It would be fantastic if the station went there and it helped things for the community, hence why I am looking with interest to see what happens. 

• Like 4