Flogging is Too Good for Them 😡

Rate this topic

Patrick Davey

7 hours ago, Gabhal Luimnigh said:

Is that his harness with the yellow straps? The hard hat was a great help if he fell 😂

I'm just glad there isn't a picture of the photographer's situation...

• Funny 1

12 hours ago, Colin R said:

Sadly Insurance will not begin to cover the amount of time that has gone into the building of the railway in the first place. But does any one know just what rolling stock has been lost damaged or stolen?

I just wonder if there is anything we could do to help from a group point of view?

Finally a constructive post. We won't do anything by spouting increasingly cruel and ridiculous punishments, and really I don't think any of us (including me, I'm not being an "I'M ALWAYS RIGHT" person) have managed to pinpoint any real issues we could help fix, apart from donating stock. Judging by the pictures, it is an 0 gauge layout. I don't have any stock to donate, but how about we start donating. Stop being hateful and cruel and help. Im going, right now, to see if there's anything I can do and can only reccommend others doing the same. Again, being angry about it won't do anything, and they're not going to be handed over to an Irish model railway forum to be dealt with.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

What on earth are all the crazy ramblings in this thread about?

Nobody is calling for the death penalty, literally, it's figurative.

Punishment should fit the crime, and should be of some benefit to society.

The perpetrators need some sort of developmental training - as is also the case with most bullies, they themselves likely either are or have been victims, too.

Climb down off the high horses, folks, and take a joke for what it is.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, DJ Dangerous said:

Punishment should fit the crime, and should be of some benefit to society.

The perpetrators need some sort of developmental training - as is also the case with most bullies, they themselves likely either are or have been victims, too.

Perhaps a court ordered few weeks unpaid labour to help rebuild? At least start to attempt to make ammends for all they destroyed 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, meathdane said:

Perhaps a court ordered few weeks unpaid labour to help rebuild? At least start to attempt to make ammends for all they destroyed 

Non-violent offenders can be sentenced to between 40-400 hours "Community Work" in this part of the World. https://www.corrections.govt.nz/our_work/in_the_community/sentences_and_orders/community_work

Track maintenance and renewals on our local heritage line (approx 5miles) has been carried out for several years by offenders sentenced to 'community work" under the supervision of a Ganger paid by corrections. 

Edited by Mayner
  • Like 1

The Bo-ness O Gauge Group appear to have received over £22,000 so far in donations to restore the layout after setting out with an initial target of raising £15,000.

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/bonessgaugeogroup-modelrailway

A donation to this appeal would be a good practical way for members of this forum to show their solidarity and support to the Bo-ness Group.

• Like 4

Any idea what era/region it is and of any specifications like if it's finescale, etc.? Might try and buy a few items of stock and send to them directly, but unfortunately I have about 43c in my Revolut account, so might be a little difficult.