Railway Modeller subscription

Rate this topic

irishmail

Does  anyone  have  a  subscription  Railway Modeller  here in Ireland?  

I have not  yet  recived the  the  June  issue  which  was  issued  three weeks ago.  Usually I  get  the magazine  within two weeks  of  publucation  date,  this  is  the  2nd  time  now  as  I  had the same  problem  with  the  April  issue.  

Will be  contacting  Peco  later about  this,  but  just  wondering  if  anyone  else  is having  problems.

Posted (edited)

Yes, I have had the exact same problerm with the April and June issues.  May arrived on time.  I received a replacement for the April issue and then the original arrived two weeks later.  A replacement has now been sent for June.

They seem to be continually changing the postal service for delivery.  

Edited by Tarabuses
  • Thanks 1

I have  emailed them this  afternoon  and await  their reply.  Same  thing hapened  too with  the April issue, replacement   arrived  and the  the origional copy  arrived  same  day  as  the  May  issue!

If  it  happens again  then I  may  see  about  changing   to   digital  copies  only,  but  my current  printed   subscription  runs till March 2025  issue.

Had this problem several times with a Hornby Magazine subscription, several issues arriving as the standard issue rather than with subscriber covers, which isn’t really a big deal, but with other issues simply never arriving. It’s probably just a general problem with Brexit etc. and although Peco will probably reimburse you, I personally would leave it as the publishers are hardly responsible. However, I was dealing with Key, who I’d trust a lot less than Peco!

On 2/6/2024 at 4:12 PM, Tarabuses said:

Peco do send replacement copies, sometimes resulting in both arriving eventually.

That's what happened with the April copy,  it arrived eventually (but for some strange reason not the 'special' subscribers edition)  then the replacement what Peco sent out was delivered the same day as the May edition. 

When I phoned Peco the other day to say I had not received my June edition they said another copy will be put in the post. I asked If they were aware of any problems with issues being sent overseas, particularly to Ireland and person I spoke to was not aware of any, I explained that I had this problem with the April issue and she  seen that on my account and said that she would raise the issue with her manager, so will see what happens with the next couple of issues.

• Like 2

My original June copy arrived yesterday (subscribers edition).  I don't think the subscriptions dept. in Peco is very large so you were probably talking to the same person as I spoke to last week.  She has a short memory.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tarabuses said:

My original June copy arrived yesterday (subscribers edition).  I don't think the subscriptions dept. in Peco is very large so you were probably talking to the same person as I spoke to last week.  She has a short memory.

She's doing her job "never admit there is a problem"

• 3 weeks later...

July replacement copy now ordered.  The lady on the phone said she "didn't know what was happening" but didn't seem bothered that this was the third month in the last four that I was being sent a second copy.

• Informative 1

Posted (edited)
On 28/6/2024 at 3:20 PM, Tarabuses said:

July replacement copy now ordered.  The lady on the phone said she "didn't know what was happening" but didn't seem bothered that this was the third month in the last four that I was being sent a second copy.

I have not recieved my July  copy  yet!  Will give  then a phone call on  Monday.  

Edited by irishmail

On 30/5/2024 at 11:05 AM, irishmail said:

Does  anyone  have  a  subscription  Railway Modeller  here in Ireland?  

I have not  yet  recived the  the  June  issue  which  was  issued  three weeks ago.  Usually I  get  the magazine  within two weeks  of  publucation  date,  this  is  the  2nd  time  now  as  I  had the same  problem  with  the  April  issue.  

Will be  contacting  Peco  later about  this,  but  just  wondering  if  anyone  else  is having  problems.

There have been similar issues with other magazines arriving from the UK - for example Irish Traction Magazine - they were refused entry by Irish Customs - I have had issues too with other items being returned to a sender twice - same item , labeling on the package was fine it had its CN22  label - the first one had an an post sticker that simply said - return to sender, the second attempt had nothing but was returned - no idea whats going on - other packages are arriving no problem - it just could be a similar issue with your magazine.

Just  phoned Peco and replacement  July  copy  being  sent out.   Lady  I spoke  to  told me  exactly  the same thing.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Have you  recieved  your July modeller(s)  yet?  Just  downloaded the digtal August issue.

• 2 weeks later...

Mine arrived today too.  However I had called Peco yesterday and spoke to the usual lady who told me that they had problems with the July issue going to Ireland.  I then told her that I hadn't received August either and asked if she knew what was causing the delays.  She didn't know and gave no answer when I suggested that she check with the delivery company. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I sent an email  to Peco/RM and  this is  the reply  I recieved  earlier  today. I will see  when  the August  one  turns  up,  May  see  if  they  can  change  my subscription  to  the  digital  only  version,  still  have  six issues  remaining  on my  current  subs.

Regards,  John

Hi,

We have re issued an August edition.  We have raised the postal issue for our customers in Ireland to our manager who is looking into it.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Kind Regards

Tina 

• Like 1

The replacement July copy arrived yesterday, still no sign of the August copy.  September one was out on Tuesday.  When I phone Peco to enquire about the delays in delivery the response is they will send a replacement issue out,  and dont really seem to be concerned about the delays.  I now have two copies of the June and July issues!  Possibly  end up with two August copies to when they eventually turn up.

On 26/7/2024 at 6:31 PM, Tarabuses said:

I don't think the fault lies with Peco but rather with the delivery company which seems to have changed around the time that they returned to paper envelopes.

Now that Peco are aware of problems with the delivery company,  it will be Peco's fault if they continue to use them without getting things sorted. 

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, irishmail said:

The replacement July copy arrived yesterday, still no sign of the August copy.  September one was out on Tuesday.  When I phone Peco to enquire about the delays in delivery the response is they will send a replacement issue out,  and dont really seem to be concerned about the delays.  I now have two copies of the June and July issues!  Possibly  end up with two August copies to when they eventually turn up.

Easier to purchase at your local Easons at this stage…..RM noted for sale in Ballina and Sligo shops recently. 
The Castlebar shop also have RM..

Edited by ttc0169
  • Like 1
  • Informative 1

24 minutes ago, ttc0169 said:

Easier to purchase at your local Easons at this stage…..RM noted for sale in Ballina and Sligo shops recently. 

Thats intersting  to know, was  in Athlone  last week  and  Easons  did   not  have  one  railway  related magazine at  all.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, irishmail said:

Thats intersting  to know, was  in Athlone  last week  and  Easons  did   not  have  one  railway  related magazine at  all.

Seen that too John-Athlone and Galway Easons don’t seem to stock any railway magazines. 

Edited by ttc0169