RPSI's 111 Class Railtour

Rate this topic

Lovely scenes there Anthony,the run around in your freight yard is just like the real operation that happens in Ballina freight yard every day,

A reach stacker and some containers will really add to that particular scene-well done overall.

The real 233 has yet to operate the IWT liner and is the only one of the active fleet yet to work that liner.

Lovely scenes there Anthony,the run around in your freight yard is just like the real operation that happens in Ballina freight yard every day

Noel are the sidings in Ballina a dead end or are their points at the end of them so that a loco can uncouple and cross over to run around. I'm thinking of putting points at the end of my sidings for this purpose

Noel are the sidings in Ballina a dead end or are their points at the end of them so that a loco can uncouple and cross over to run around. I'm thinking of putting points at the end of my sidings for this purpose

Anthony,you can run around on three of the sidings-(named the gantry,the Fert and the through roads) with hand points at either end of the yard and motorised crossover points with a shunt signal at the Manulla end to allow access to the mainline,

In the good old branch train days,there was another crossover at the platform to allow the loco off the branch to run around,but this was removed when the Mini CTC was introduced as its only a 2800 railcar that uses that road now,

If you have the space which I think you have-then I would put in some points in,as you then have lots of options with locos coming in on the CPWs,running around and coupling to either a timber or standard set if wagons to work back out again-as has been done in Ballina on several occasions in the past.

Anthony,you can run around on three of the sidings-(named the gantry,the Fert and the through roads) with hand points at either end of the yard and motorised crossover points with a shunt signal at the Manulla end to allow access to the mainline,

In the good old branch train days,there was another crossover at the platform to allow the loco off the branch to run around,but this was removed when the Mini CTC was introduced as its only a 2800 railcar that uses that road now,

If you have the space which I think you have-then I would put in some points in,as you then have lots of options with locos coming in on the CPWs,running around and coupling to either a timber or standard set if wagons to work back out again-as has been done in Ballina on several occasions in the past.

Thanks for that Noel :-bd