Order dispatch time.

Rate this topic

amdaley

Hi Everyone.

How long does it normally take Mark's Models to dispatch orders & do they send you an email when they dispatch an order.

I ordered some track online last Sat & have heard nothing since. Not in any particular hurry but just wanted to know as I normally don't use Marks ?

Thanks.

Tony.

• Like 1

I have only  delt with them a few times. Last time I ordered online  from them  it  took  about three days  before they  done  the  order.  I did  get an  email  when  the  order  was  posted, but  no tracking  info.  You  should of heard  from them by now, so  maybe  a quick  call to them.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, irishmail said:

I have only  delt with them a few times. Last time I ordered online  from them  it  took  about three days  before they  done  the  order.  I did  get an  email  when  the  order  was  posted, but  no tracking  info.  You  should of heard  from them by now, so  maybe  a quick  call to them.  

I rang them & they said it had been delivered on Tuesday.

The GLS courier just left it propped up against a wall on the side of the house where nobody goes.

No attempt to ring the bell or anything & I got no notification from Marks that it had been dispatched or delivered.

That's twice in two weeks now we've had problems with GLS 🙄

Previously they left a large box of dog food out in the lashing rain.

Tony.

• Angry 1

Strangely enough I had a delivery from MSL lippe in Germany by GLS last week.  Tracking originally said out for delivery for Thursday,  then later that night got email from them saying sorry we were unable to deliver your parcel, but no reason given, the next day exactly the same thing happened, and it was eventually delivered on Saturday afternoon.   

Have found GLS can be hit and miss,  depending on who the delivery driver is, some knock at the door and hand over the parcel, some just leave it.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, irishmail said:

Strangely enough I had a delivery from MSL lippe in Germany by GLS last week.  Tracking originally said out for delivery for Thursday,  then later that night got email from them saying sorry we were unable to deliver your parcel, but no reason given, the next day exactly the same thing happened, and it was eventually delivered on Saturday afternoon.   

Have found GLS can be hit and miss,  depending on who the delivery driver is, some knock at the door and hand over the parcel, some just leave it.

I had a similar experience with GLS recently too John. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, irishmail said:

Yes a lot seems to be down to the driver on that particular route.

It's just the luck of the draw I suppose.

When I spoke to Mark this evening he said they also use An Post & Fastway & if you tell them when ordering they will use one the those instead of GLS.

They also use DPD but not for orders which have free postage.

Edited by amdaley