What I had in 2005

Rate this topic

enniscorthyman

I remember this layout from the old sites,always impressed with the viaduct.Like the old 'Dunster' station in the background,had one of them myself back then,it's still around on the present layout converted into a Royal Mail depot!Always nice to look back on what we have done in the past and that is one of the great things about posting on the forum,it is a timeless record of what we have done.

I remember back to that time around 2005 as I bought two MIR 121 kits and

having no Internet,and knew no one as regards advice for chassis for locos etc

and it's only I think around 2006 with the old MSM site that things improved,and

come to think of it the old dial up connection was fun,but least there was a connection

with other Irish model railway people who could help with advice,and the

impending Murphy 141/181 in late 2007 (I think)seemed to explode the Irish scene.

Cool pics of the viaduct Enniscorthyman, a bit like our own Ballyvoyle viaduct. Nice one. Things have certainly changed since 2005 for sure. We have a cracking good resource thanks to this site and its contributers. And excellent RTR locos thanks to Paddy Murphy. Oh, and lest we forget.... no more 'dial-up' internet thankfully!

Chers, Tom.

Cool pics of the viaduct Enniscorthyman, a bit like our own Ballyvoyle viaduct. Nice one. Things have certainly changed since 2005 for sure. We have a cracking good resource thanks to this site and its contributers. And excellent RTR locos thanks to Paddy Murphy. Oh, and lest we forget.... no more 'dial-up' internet thankfully!

Chers, Tom.

One thing for sure dial up is not missed.

I remember the excitement of the old msn site and

Just to see that I was not the only one mad into irish

model railways.