Derby.

Rate this topic

Broithe

• 4 weeks later...

Well, it was a very good do, although perhaps not quite up to previous years, but it did include Crumley and Little Wickhill - http://www.hullmrs.org/crumley.html - still the best layout that I've ever seen - if you ever get the chance then do go and see it.

[video=youtube;Oxo-KbrNRYM]

I did pick up a couple of books.

Ireland's Narrow Gauge Railways - Joe Begley & Steve Flanders.

Cavan & Leitrim Railway - Tom Ferris & Patrick Flanagan.

Jim thanks for uploading that. The Derby show always seems to get rave reviews from UK modellers. One of these days I will pop over for a weekend, attend the show one day and take a trip the next day out to Peak Forest to check out some class 60 and 66 movements.

Rich,

Jim thanks for uploading that. The Derby show always seems to get rave reviews from UK modellers. One of these days I will pop over for a weekend, attend the show one day and take a trip the next day out to Peak Forest to check out some class 60 and 66 movements.

Rich,

That really is the best layout - see it if you can.

Let me know if you do decide to do Derby next year, or whenever. It's become my habit to do it, as it's not too far away and it's just in front of my birthday. Going to the same one every year, it's less hassle to find your way and you get to see fewer repeats.This year's wasn't as good as the last two, though.

It's a good show, though, to be honest, the Stafford one in February is better, but the weather can be a struggle..

I've never summoned up the courage to do Warley, the NEC always gives me a headache, used to do a few car shows there years ago..

• 11 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Derby today. Not quite as good as previous years and very noticeably fewer people about. Some good things. The usual mix of scales, UK, continental and American.

N gauge.

YYxLhfL.jpg

..and from the other end.

wIP25rM.jpg

Oil Drum Lane. Where the Steptoes lived, as I recall..

FShPdRb.jpg

3-D TV...?

HGoCtVx.jpg

I never did German at school, but it seems quite easy...

2oxvxKX.jpg

A German harbour.

MMrCRwx.jpg

..and more..

Some nice US stuff.

pUECAeB.jpg

And some huge 1/29th scale US stuff.

FNWOZoP.jpg

A slate quarry. Raven's Rock.

TvA3ytI.jpg

My favourite - Marsh Chipping - I lived in the Cotswolds in the '60s and this was very well done, really captured the 'feel'...

eTtVt6y.jpg

I never did German at school, but it seems quite easy...

2oxvxKX.jpg

[/Quote]

Ahem, well, yes.... I guess neither did the guy who wrote the sign =)) It reminds me of the speeches of Alfons Hynkel in The Great Dictator, despite the lack of Sauerkraut and Wiener Schnitzel. Nevertheless, the german harbour is rather convincing, perhaps besides the white house with the red roof in the background: As the cars show, the harbour is situated in the GDR and nearly all houses there were in a rather dull grey as their plastering normaly contained no colour and thus simply showed the coulour of the cement used for making it. The lamps are a very good choice: They were typical for the Reichsbahn of GDR from the late 50s or 60s onwards, they never appeared in W-Germany.

Thanks for sharing the pictures,

Gerhard.

Edited by Sentinel281