Timber Wagons

Rate this question

DiveController

Question

12 answers to this question

I kinda thought that these might not be that similar when I posted. Some great shots for the scratchbuilders! Looked at all the threads and links and realize that these neither resemble the short (20'?) wagons nor the double bogie ones, which I prefer. The shapeways one looks prettty similar to my eye but I was hoping for a RTR without too much work/time!

are they on 12 ' wheelbase flats, They don't look like the 20T container flats so were they derived from a different chassis ?

The timber swap bodies were fitted on 27301-27767 series 22'6" 14' wb skeletal flats the last 4w wagons built. These had a sightly lower frame to carry 8'6" containers and a longer wheelbase to improve stability at speed.

The channel framing of the swap bodies sat down over the wagon like a saddlebag and hid most of the wagon solebars and underframe.

The timber swap bodies were fitted on 27301-27767 series 22'6" 14' wb skeletal flats the last 4w wagons built. These had a sightly lower frame to carry 8'6" containers and a longer wheelbase to improve stability at speed.

The channel framing of the swap bodies sat down over the wagon like a saddlebag and hid most of the wagon solebars and underframe.

Were these flat wagons donor or did cie custom build them , is there a picture anyway of the bare flat wagon