Rate this question

RedRich

Question

12 answers to this question

Anyone know when 8111 was fitted with the LED light clusters like 112.

TIA,

Rich,

The real one already has been in her overhaul earlier this year, did you know that it's actually a 110 class & not 111 class?, that surprised me when I read that.... 8111 or 111 ( as I keep getting corrected by my friends that it's 111 & not 8111) has also been painted up with the big white NIR logo. Did you know the 8on 8111, 8113 & 8208 is only for signaling proposes?

The real one already has been in her overhaul earlier this year, did you know that it's actually a 110 class & not 111 class?, that surprised me when I read that.... 8111 or 111 ( as I keep getting corrected by my friends that it's 111 & not 8111) has also been painted up with the big white NIR logo. Did you know the 8on 8111, 8113 & 8208 is only for signaling proposes?

That's some good information Tony. Never knew that the 8 was added for signaling purposes.

Rich,

It's not for signalling. It's so it works with the translink fleet computers.

Otherwise there would be a clash between railway stock and buses.

As for the original question Rich, the best answer I can give you is some time between the end of the Derry line ballasting and july. She has been in for overhaul for some time now.

It's not for signalling. It's so it works with the translink fleet computers.

Otherwise there would be a clash between railway stock and buses.

As for the original question Rich, the best answer I can give you is some time between the end of the Derry line ballasting and july. She has been in for overhaul for some time now.

Thank's for that UP6936. I assume that 113 could be fitted with the LED light's when she is next in for work. I remember when 112 was down South on Beet duties in the naughties and I have a fondness for it ever since then. I think the livery really suits them.

Rich,

I would agree with you, next time 113 goes in for anything big to be done they will probably fit the LEDs.

Interesting to note, 111s lights have a red/orange surround. I haven't asked but I'm wondering are they IÈ spares?

IÉ fitted them when they had the loco on loan... same deal with the orange/black window frame. :)

IÉ fitted them when they had the loco on loan... same deal with the orange/black window frame. :)

Hi Garfield, not sure you understood my post correctly. I was making reference to the lights on 111 herself; I am aware what the deal is with 112s lights. My point about 111 is illustrated by the photos linked to earlier in the thread, and from seeing 111 first hand the day those photos were taken.

So what I'm wondering is, are the lights recently fitted to 111 of IE origin?

James

Hi Garfield, not sure you understood my post correctly. I was making reference to the lights on 111 herself; I am aware what the deal is with 112s lights. My point about 111 is illustrated by the photos linked to earlier in the thread, and from seeing 111 first hand the day those photos were taken.

So what I'm wondering is, are the lights recently fitted to 111 of IE origin?

James

Who knows - but given the 80 class railcars were all fitted with them too......